FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2017, 01:19 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
No.
It's NOT.
It's a simple reskin.
Says you...A lot of the reports suggest It’s a larger, roomier car with a more upmarket interior.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 01-04-2017, 05:12 PM

Based on the numbers, I think you're both right.

"Compared with the current four-door hatchback, the new version is slightly larger, with a 0.2-inch wheelbase stretch, a 0.4-inch-wider rear track, and a 1.2-inch-wider front track."

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
Old 01-05-2017, 12:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It is an all new body based of a modified version of the current "B-global" platform (for the Fiesta), so not a simple reskin, where the basic structure would remain identical (like the Golf Mk. 6 or the current Corsa, which were classic reskins)

The Focus seems ton be larger (which, IMO, is not necessary, but better use of space would be) in all dimensions incl. wheel base, which would indicate that the current platform (which is widely based on the 2004 EUro only Focus) will at least see intensive work, more than in the Fiesta, but probably be all new after all, using some suspension components however, most likely to better integrate battery packs for hybrids and all electric versions than the current platform can (see teh hump in the electric Focus' truink, e.g.)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:43 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
It is an all new body based of a modified version of the current "B-global" platform (for the Fiesta), so not a simple reskin, where the basic structure would remain identical (like the Golf Mk. 6 or the current Corsa, which were classic reskins)

The Focus seems ton be larger (which, IMO, is not necessary, but better use of space would be) in all dimensions incl. wheel base, which would indicate that the current platform (which is widely based on the 2004 EUro only Focus) will at least see intensive work, more than in the Fiesta, but probably be all new after all, using some suspension components however, most likely to better integrate battery packs for hybrids and all electric versions than the current platform can (see teh hump in the electric Focus' truink, e.g.)
I'm also fairly confident Ford will introduce their first electric ST models. Both the Fiesta and new Focus. This is just pure speculation on my part but it seems logical, especially with the recent push towards electric by the competition, especially VW and Hyundai - at least in Europe and here in Australia.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 01-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Wagon spied, or global warming has hit sweden really heard now and the cars are starting to melt.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/201...as-lot-of.html
Old 01-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Raconteur

Although Ford's recent commentary argues the opposite of a clean sheet design, I really hope there is more clean sheet than recycle in the next Focus. A 2020 or 2021 Focus will likely be my daughter's first car. It will be new not because I'm rich, but because I will want all the latest safety features and the reliability and protection of a new car for her. A hybrid version would be most delightful as would an American wagon which will never happen. I can see space for a crossover between the Escape and the EcoSport. Maybe a Focus "Outback"?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:47 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Ford always gets the facelifts spot on IMO. The MK3 Focus just didn't look that right, but with the facelift they turned a badly detailed design into a beauty IMO. I just hope with the MK4 they get it right straight away - it needs to be stylish, well proportioned, spacious, classy yet modern interior and obviously continue Ford's great tradition in creating cars which are great to drive - especially with the Focus. Ford Australia unfortunately hasn't been smart enough to include the Wagon in their line-up - a huge mistake given the popularity of the Octavia wagon. Heck we don't even have any of the MAX MPVs here yet!

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

That must be one of the weirdest mules I have ever seen. Why they don't use the wagon body is a mystery, probably that is a hacked earlier hatchback mule that get's reused to test the longer rear overhang.

Given how the proportions are latered (longer wheelbase, longer front overhang - obviously pedestrian protection), but also the position of the front wheel compared to the A-pillar - normally a tell tale sign of platform reuse - seems slightly different, if even only probably a centimeter or two; Also, the current Focus platform was already a modified version of the previous Euro only focus, thus probably this time it's anyway time for something new. Further the Fusion/Mondeo platform was actually new, with different suspension design and lighter than the in dimensions very similar previous European Mondeo, and given the Focus and (Euro) Mondeo had been related now since the Mid 2000s, I'd expect a shortened Fusion/Mondeo platform underneath this new Focus, also to better accommodate electric/hybrid power trains.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Wagon spied, or global warming has hit sweden really heard now and the cars are starting to melt.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/201...as-lot-of.html
I think that's just a production ready Infiniti.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I enjoy that it says Elvis on the back.