There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Jnr

Default A brand new BMW 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
Could the new Toyota 2000GT also pin a new BMW as well? Sorry for claiming that this was a lexus supercar when it was really the 2000GT!
Why not? Everything is possible in this life!
“Lack of information often stokes people’s fears – and a healthy dose of scepticism is to be expected. Indeed, in 1825 some people were so opposed to train travel that they said that it would be impossible to travel over 12mph without having ‘the air sucked out of your lungs’.”
Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
CSS Veteran

Toyota is working hard on the Supra and it will use BMW engines (2.0T and 3.0T). Top model will have a 3.0T with 335 HP. Design wise will be based on the MK4 design, but will copy Acura's Jeweled headlamps. No MT so probably AT and/or DSG. Probably might not have the same street cred as the MKIV supra. Maybe the tuners will figure out how to extract a ton of HP from the BMW engine, but it probably cannot handle as much power as the 2JZ.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM
CSS Veteran

New NSX with a new 3.0L v6 and a price 50K less than the current model, or is this the current model with a new engine? Time wise, this will likely debut in a couple of years as the new tech is not ready for production.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Toyota is working hard on the Supra and it will use BMW engines (2.0T and 3.0T). Top model will have a 3.0T with 335 HP. Design wise will be based on the MK4 design, but will copy Acura's Jeweled headlamps. No MT so probably AT and/or DSG. Probably might not have the same street cred as the MKIV supra. Maybe the tuners will figure out how to extract a ton of HP from the BMW engine, but it probably cannot handle as much power as the 2JZ.
I keep hearing no MT for the supra. What the heck toyota.

But there again I just refuse to believe they will be offering a 4 cylinder variant, it just doesn't seem right.
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post

But there again I just refuse to believe they will be offering a 4 cylinder variant, it just doesn't seem right.
Ferrari doesn't do MT because a paddle box is a faster shift so why should we be mired in the olden days?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:47 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:

What is weird is that there will be a manual option and possibly a Toyota engine, but all videos at James May's favorite race track seem to point to a BMW turbo engine.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
What is weird is that there will be a manual option and possibly a Toyota engine, but all videos at James May's favorite race track seem to point to a BMW turbo engine.
TO be honest, as long as it is a 2.0 4 cylinder Turbo, i really don't care who supplies the engine - they are all rather equal nowadays. I'm very certain that the 6 cylinder will be a BMW engine, as Toyota doe not really build a performance oriented V6 currently(the V6 at Lotus is reworked rather extensively by Lotus, like adding a super charger)
Old 09-28-2017, 10:40 AM
CSS Veteran

I am sure the BMW powertrain will make a great Supra, just that Supra fanboys want more hp and a motor from Toyota. They also want the old days of Toyota over engineering, but those days are likely over.

Toyota is probably reluctant to go BEV at this point and the EV mandates from UK, France, and China are really throwing a curveball into the manufacturers plans.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
TO be honest, as long as it is a 2.0 4 cylinder Turbo, i really don't care who supplies the engine - they are all rather equal nowadays. I'm very certain that the 6 cylinder will be a BMW engine, as Toyota doe not really build a performance oriented V6 currently(the V6 at Lotus is reworked rather extensively by Lotus, like adding a super charger)
Toyota has a nice new 3.5 L V6 Twin Turbo making competitive numbers, but I tend to agree that the Supra may end up with BMW power.

Geez, when will we know ?!!
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:26 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Toyota has a nice new 3.5 L V6 Twin Turbo making competitive numbers, but I tend to agree that the Supra may end up with BMW power.

Geez, when will we know ?!!
Rumors say Detroit for some reason.