Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Is The Stig

Nice find! Cool book mate, i'll be getting it too, when i got the time! When you have it, please make some pics of what's inside it please, just as i did with my spy shots.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

That book just went on my Christmas wish list!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
CSS Veteran

AROnline has loads of really interesting pics and sketches of Austin Rover and BL cars, it's fascinating stuff.

There are also a couple really good ones at jokeforblog, including a Peugeot 607 Coupe, a Lancia Kappa replacement that never was, and a Citroen C4 that actually has some personality.

And i know the C4 isn't vintage, but i'm still pissed off at it.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidal View Post
AROnline has loads of really interesting pics and sketches of Austin Rover and BL cars, it's fascinating stuff.

There are also a couple really good ones at jokeforblog, including a Peugeot 607 Coupe, a Lancia Kappa replacement that never was, and a Citroen C4 that actually has some personality.

And i know the C4 isn't vintage, but i'm still pissed off at it.
Interesting find; The rear end of the Lancia actually shows that Lancia obviously already had influence on the new Chrysler 300/Thema, as the design is more or less straightly transfered after aparently many years. So, the Thema might be more of a Lancia deisgn than we initially thought?

And I agree, the C4 really seems to be a collection of the blandest parts of all design proposals, and it's not really an excuse that those who want etravagancy can opt for teh DS4, as that one is less practiyla, and way more expensive. I don't think the first C4 was not selling well, so I still don't understand why they went for bland in the second generation....
Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Interesting find; The rear end of the Lancia actually shows that Lancia obviously already had influence on the new Chrysler 300/Thema, as the design is more or less straightly transfered after aparently many years. So, the Thema might be more of a Lancia deisgn than we initially thought?
No no, this was a Lancia Kappa replacement proposal. They made the Thesis instead of this, so it must be about 10/12yo, way before Chrysler.

The last C4 wasn't a huge sales success. It sold well enough, about 70k in 2010, 90k+ in 09, very, very far from the likes of the Golf, Astra, Focus, Megane crowd. But it could be argued that that's what the Peugeot 308 is for anyway, and it's not like it wasn't a well liked car that they made money out of ( PSAs plattform 2 is going on 20+yo now. They can't not make money out of anything based on that ).

This new one isn't selling in the big leagues either, and will end up being just another footnote in Citroen history, together with the Xsara and the ZX. Really disappointing.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
CSS Veteran

Some great ones here
http://deansgarage.com/2011/jeff-gol...rt-collection/
http://deansgarage.com/2011/harley-e...9s-scrapbooks/
http://deansgarage.com/2009/more-saved-studio-sketches/
http://deansgarage.com/2009/bob-marc...-and-chrysler/

Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidal View Post
No no, this was a Lancia Kappa replacement proposal. They made the Thesis instead of this, so it must be about 10/12yo, way before Chrysler.

This new one isn't selling in the big leagues either, and will end up being just another footnote in Citroen history, together with the Xsara and the ZX. Really disappointing.
Yes, I understood that about the Kappa replacement. Still, the rear end looks exactlly like that on the new Thema vulgo Chrysler 300. As that prototype looks also quite boxy, again pretty much like the Chrysler, I guess Fiat went on to stick the "old" Lancia back on it. Thank god not the Skoda front end. (Btw., I also think the new Thema's interior aas quite some Lancia influence)

The 1st C4 sold pretty well where I live (Austria, although it's a small market), despite it's design (we are rather conservative), but thanky to keen pricing. Now, the new model is nowhere near as cheap as the old one, and - wonders - it doesn't sell at all. Conservative looks aside. Golf people wont consider a Citroen. And Citroen fans don't like conservative cars....
Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Is The Stig

Thanks for the pics guys! You can post pictures just like the C4 and such, i just want spyshots that are a bit rare!

Did anyone of you guys ever see this? A scoop of a 'new' Citroen C-Cactus production car, with pictures of the front and back view. I'm not sure if it's a chop, but i've never seen this car for real.

EDIT: Click here to see a cool and complete site with the testing of Porsche prototype models, beginning from the 356, and ending with the 918! Very intresting site!

I know i said the pictures had to be older ones, but now it can also be rare pictures, like i said above.

Last edited by Niko Bellic; 10-24-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
CSS Veteran

Default MGF Mule

OK, here's the MGF Metrovan I mentioned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (77.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0013.jpg (67.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0014.jpg (58.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg MGF_Metro_mule_w250.jpg (11.3 KB, 16 views)

Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
CSS Veteran

And a later MGF mule too, there were several developments of this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mgfproto1.jpg (77.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg mgfproto2.jpg (42.3 KB, 16 views)

Thanks