Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

It appears to favor the larger XJ sibling more, but, what I'm liking is that it will be based on a mainly aluminum-structure, and not on the previous chassis that originated at Ford, which underpinned the Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird and, previous-generation Mustang. The outgoing model still has a platform which has roots in it's S-Type predecessor. though it's revised.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 09-23-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/all...ts-in-new.html

Teasers are out. To be shown at the New York motor show....

Old 03-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Thankfully Jaguar didn't use the black C pillar on the new XF.

I feel this is a nice improvement versus the current interior but I would like to see some other colour options, since now it just feels too monotone.

http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/201...llpaper_3d.htm
Old 03-18-2015, 01:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Hmm, I'm surprised they actually revealed the full interior.

A few interesting things I notice about the interior:

1. The hidden vents on the driver's and passenger's sides are a nice nod to the current generation's disappearing vents, but I still find that too gimicky in general.

2. Apparently they've given up on the motion/touch sensitive glovebox as the physical handle is back.

3. The shifter placement is a little disappointing compared to the current gen, which was on the left side of the console and closer to the driver. I don't get why you wouldn't take advantage of the rotary shifter to increase storage space etc...

4. I will not miss the asymmetrical button layout from the current gen's steering wheel!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I guess the standard air vents in the center as well as the "normal" glove box handle have mainly cost reasons, yes, the motorized vents are gimmicky, but also special, and starting a XF with the vents turning and the shift knob appearing is something that adds "effect" and "special".

i agree that the placement of the shifter knob is a step back, probably also cost reasons, as now it is symmetrical and probably the same console can be used in both LHD and RHD cars...
Old 03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

if you're going to get rid of motorized vents then at least make the vents nice and styled like the XJ, or a C class... Overall seems modern and clean, very nice. The top view makes me think back to when they revealed that view on the XJ and everyone was kind of confused by seeing the tail lights creeping up the trunk. This is a much less worrisome teaser.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I guess the standard air vents in the center as well as the "normal" glove box handle have mainly cost reasons, yes, the motorized vents are gimmicky, but also special, and starting a XF with the vents turning and the shift knob appearing is something that adds "effect" and "special".

i agree that the placement of the shifter knob is a step back, probably also cost reasons, as now it is symmetrical and probably the same console can be used in both LHD and RHD cars...
I understand that, but it then seems odd that you only get this experience in the XF (and I suppose the F-Type) and not in any of their other offerings.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:34 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
if you're going to get rid of motorized vents then at least make the vents nice and styled like the XJ, or a C class... Overall seems modern and clean, very nice. The top view makes me think back to when they revealed that view on the XJ and everyone was kind of confused by seeing the tail lights creeping up the trunk. This is a much less worrisome teaser.
From the pic, it looks like Jaguar didn't fully get rid of the motorized AC vents. (at least not entirely)

Sure, the center vents are traditional...........but it seems that the driver side vent and passenger side vent (left most and right most vents respectively) are still motorized.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
From the pic, it looks like Jaguar didn't fully get rid of the motorized AC vents. (at least not entirely)

Sure, the center vents are traditional...........but it seems that the driver side vent and passenger side vent (left most and right most vents respectively) are still motorized.
I think his point is that the center vents are just "there" now and appear kind of cheap even if the outward vents are still motorized.

EDIT: Sorry, Iced. I probs shouldn't be speaking for you!

Last edited by pjl35; 03-19-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Raconteur

I'm hoping that this will come out much more C-XF amazing than XE Camry bland or XJ ugly.

The XF is an inherently good car that has been poorly executed in terms of watered-down styling from the concept and lingering reliability issues--though NOTHING like Jags of yore.

The XE looks competent but it is dull and overpriced.

This needs to be gorgeous enough--and priced right--to quintuple sales as a minimum. 5880 units in MY2014 in USA is terrible. The XF does not deserve those dismal numbers.