Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMGMan View Post
There's a huge difference between a new model having some minor, and expected, reliability issues and cars leaving the production line with very large and very noticeable cracks in a core element of the car's structure.
That screw up was massive; I guarantee you the QC person who let that pass is no longer with the company. 100% inexcusable.

it was just one MASSIVE issue ... it's not a systemic thing. And I'm confident Tesla dealt with it in a satisfactory manner (which I'm guessing was simply replacing the vehicle).
Old 05-18-2017, 03:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Huh... sounds like you're making a generalization on the brand here... how was I putting words in your mouth?
just because they have quality issues does not mean they're terrible. i never said they were. so there are the words in the mouth. #girlbye
Old 05-18-2017, 03:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Fair enough.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:12 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
then more power to Tesla because they've created a customer base that doesn't seem to care given the lineup for Model 3's and they're leading the ranks in buyer satisfaction surveys.
I mean, the Pontiac Aztek had the highest owner satisfaction of any vehicle every year it was on-sale.

Which isn't to say that Tesla is making Azteks. But right now, Tesla is reaching a very small, very wealthy, and very loyal audience. The average Tesla owner has two or three other vehicles--very few only own a Model S or Model X. That's typical of a $100,000 vehicle. But the owners of Model 3s will be people who rely on their vehicle every day, and if the car's quality isn't up to snuff of the vehicles they're coming out of, they'll be pissed.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Agreed. If the Model 3 QC is poor - there will be hell to pay.

Re: Aztek... obvisouyl a hideous car. However from a functional / practical stand point - it's pretty good. I bet that's why the ratings were high.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
The average Tesla owner has two or three other vehicles--very few only own a Model S or Model X. That's typical of a $100,000 vehicle. But the owners of Model 3s will be people who rely on their vehicle every day, and if the car's quality isn't up to snuff of the vehicles they're coming out of, they'll be pissed.
two dubious remarks. the second car in the household is likely their spouse's car and third is not likely a daily driver replacement but a sports car or recreational car of some sort. I'm not sure who's married here but taking your wife's car to work and making her take public transit of some sort is likely to end in a temporary relocation to the couch. and taking your Ferrari on the FDR drive...good luck with the pot holes. no one will tolerate that failure just because they're wealthy. i'd say quite the opposite. when has a wealthy person ever been considered more forgiving and loyal to a product than the techy millennials and gen x/y'ers who are going to be lining up for the Model 3? Think iPhone loyalty... as long as it's cool and green and has a big screen, they'll stick with it. remember, the bulk of issues are cosmetic in nature (a pillar and one-off major assembly issues aside), not vehicle reliability.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

so... is this rather unimaginative "desert wasteland" of its interior final?

http://auto.blog.rs/gallery/108/1663...%203%20111.jpg

and are they seriously going to move EVERY car and "everything else" related information AND control on to that ridiculously large touch screen? cuz... besides, that isngle stalk behind the steering wheel, there are no other controls or gauges visible...
that will be fun, everything crammed on and controlled over that touch screen... "poking " this touch screen tablets while driving is borderline suicidal even now, when they are about 8" and are basically showing just "one type" of information (like radio station list, AC or navigation screens)!
just imagine how much "fun" will it be to read the info and control the desired system when everything -from vehicle speed and battery&power management info, down to radio, navigation and ventilation- will be displayed and controlled on that 20" TV.... something like that can "fascinate" only geeks whose "predominant mode of movement" is not "to drive", but is "to be driven"... .
and in this case it might be even good if even the steering wheel "vanishes" from such vehicles... because I for one would really not like to find myself, surrounded by the bunch of fools behind the steering wheels, staring into these LCD TVs instead of paying attention on the road... ;)
Old 05-30-2017, 06:17 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
two dubious remarks.
My comments were based off of this JD Power report, which I got to read through my job: http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/tesla-beyond-hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko
and in this case it might be even good if even the steering wheel "vanishes" from such vehicles
We're a good 20, 30 years before that actually happens. Autonomous engineers haven't even started to tackle the challenges offered by unpaved roads yet, never mind that OEMs can't get regulations changed around headlight standards in this country--does Musk think we're going to get to a vehicle without a steering wheel any time soon?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
so... is this rather unimaginative "desert wasteland" of its interior final?
Apparently:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...-surface-wild/

Given the loving Photoshop filter, I assume this was a leaked photo....
Old 06-14-2017, 03:36 PM
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post

Given the loving Photoshop filter, I assume this was a leaked photo....
These photos originated from a reddit post where a user found the cars in a parking lot.