Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default 2018 Seat Arona

Wonder if VW will rebadge this smaller version into a VW or Skoda in the future.

From: https://www.facebook.com/mqbcoding/p...type=3&theater

Last edited by Ascariss; 05-04-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Not a fan of the floating roof, but other than that it looks good.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Raconteur

If only VWs for the American market could be that cool looking. I like it very much.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:04 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If only VWs for the American market could be that cool looking. I like it very much.
Honestly swizzle, you just love to hate on VW. The cars are just re-styled VWs and they aren't that much cooler (if at all).

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 05-05-2017, 12:26 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Honestly swizzle, you just love to hate on VW. The cars are just re-styled VWs and they aren't that much cooler (if at all).
Praising the looks of Skodas and Seats and wishing VWOA would give us these better looking cars is constructive criticism not hate speech.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:28 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Someone droped a Renault Captur greenhouse on an Ateca ;)

Given the Seat Ibiza has grown quite a bit in it's newest MQB generation in terms of width and wheelbase (which is just 1 cm shy of a 3 door Leon or Audi Q2), adding overhangs to that I can't imagine this will be much smaller than a Seat Ateca, Audi Q2 or upcoming T-Roc (which willbe more or less identical in measurements to the Q2), and also it doesn't look smaller. The whole Cross over thing, as late as VAG was to the party, is quickly escalating right now, even without the surely to be expected Skoda and VW versions of this....

At least the softer lines and less boxy general shape in comparison to the Ateca makes this look more Seat than Skoda (unlike it's slightly larger brother). Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
Old 05-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
People simply want SUVs these days and the margin on Arona will surely be higher than on Ibiza...

Despite the upcoming onslaught of VAG crossovers I don't think they'll have a problem with selling any of those - the standard cars will suffer, but they're lower margin vehicles, so that's a win for the manufacturer.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Someone droped a Renault Captur greenhouse on an Ateca ;)

Given the Seat Ibiza has grown quite a bit in it's newest MQB generation in terms of width and wheelbase (which is just 1 cm shy of a 3 door Leon or Audi Q2), adding overhangs to that I can't imagine this will be much smaller than a Seat Ateca, Audi Q2 or upcoming T-Roc (which willbe more or less identical in measurements to the Q2), and also it doesn't look smaller. The whole Cross over thing, as late as VAG was to the party, is quickly escalating right now, even without the surely to be expected Skoda and VW versions of this....

At least the softer lines and less boxy general shape in comparison to the Ateca makes this look more Seat than Skoda (unlike it's slightly larger brother). Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
this car (which I find attractive other than the idiotic floating roof trend) is to the ibiza what the captur is to the clio, which is, utterly redundant, but it will sell tons, so good for them.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I don't find the floating roof / rear pillar treatment here as bad as I've seen elsewhere, but in any event, I agree that it does look idiotic. It looks lovely otherwise.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM

The Audi Q2's Polo-esque rear lights now make more sense as if they had followed standard Audi CUV / SUV design language it would have looked just like this .... and the Skoda version ....... and the VW version!