CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Ascariss's Avatar
Ascariss Ascariss is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Posts: 5,445
Default 2018 Seat Arona





Wonder if VW will rebadge this smaller version into a VW or Skoda in the future.

From: https://www.facebook.com/mqbcoding/p...type=3&theater

Last edited by Ascariss; 05-04-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 PM
madskillz madskillz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Not a fan of the floating roof, but other than that it looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,832
Default

If only VWs for the American market could be that cool looking. I like it very much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:04 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
If only VWs for the American market could be that cool looking. I like it very much.
Honestly swizzle, you just love to hate on VW. The cars are just re-styled VWs and they aren't that much cooler (if at all).
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:26 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 23,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Honestly swizzle, you just love to hate on VW. The cars are just re-styled VWs and they aren't that much cooler (if at all).
Praising the looks of Skodas and Seats and wishing VWOA would give us these better looking cars is constructive criticism not hate speech.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2017, 07:28 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,653
Default

Someone droped a Renault Captur greenhouse on an Ateca ;)

Given the Seat Ibiza has grown quite a bit in it's newest MQB generation in terms of width and wheelbase (which is just 1 cm shy of a 3 door Leon or Audi Q2), adding overhangs to that I can't imagine this will be much smaller than a Seat Ateca, Audi Q2 or upcoming T-Roc (which willbe more or less identical in measurements to the Q2), and also it doesn't look smaller. The whole Cross over thing, as late as VAG was to the party, is quickly escalating right now, even without the surely to be expected Skoda and VW versions of this....

At least the softer lines and less boxy general shape in comparison to the Ateca makes this look more Seat than Skoda (unlike it's slightly larger brother). Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2017, 01:42 PM
madskillz madskillz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
People simply want SUVs these days and the margin on Arona will surely be higher than on Ibiza...

Despite the upcoming onslaught of VAG crossovers I don't think they'll have a problem with selling any of those - the standard cars will suffer, but they're lower margin vehicles, so that's a win for the manufacturer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2017, 05:50 PM
cowboysnkisses cowboysnkisses is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Someone droped a Renault Captur greenhouse on an Ateca ;)

Given the Seat Ibiza has grown quite a bit in it's newest MQB generation in terms of width and wheelbase (which is just 1 cm shy of a 3 door Leon or Audi Q2), adding overhangs to that I can't imagine this will be much smaller than a Seat Ateca, Audi Q2 or upcoming T-Roc (which willbe more or less identical in measurements to the Q2), and also it doesn't look smaller. The whole Cross over thing, as late as VAG was to the party, is quickly escalating right now, even without the surely to be expected Skoda and VW versions of this....

At least the softer lines and less boxy general shape in comparison to the Ateca makes this look more Seat than Skoda (unlike it's slightly larger brother). Surely this will sell, but I guess 95% od customers would have boughht an Ibiza or Ateca anyway...
this car (which I find attractive other than the idiotic floating roof trend) is to the ibiza what the captur is to the clio, which is, utterly redundant, but it will sell tons, so good for them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2017, 11:52 PM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,952
Default

I don't find the floating roof / rear pillar treatment here as bad as I've seen elsewhere, but in any event, I agree that it does look idiotic. It looks lovely otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM
spannersuk spannersuk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 225
Default

The Audi Q2's Polo-esque rear lights now make more sense as if they had followed standard Audi CUV / SUV design language it would have looked just like this .... and the Skoda version ....... and the VW version!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy