Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Auto emocionado

I must say, you could easily be the most talanted designer on this forum! But it's also difficult to address this opinion, since i haven't really seen everyone's designs on here. I really admire your work. You have excellent visions, excellent sketching techniques and excellent photoshop techniques and when it all comes together, the results blows me away. Are you a design student of some sort?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Administrator

Haha, thank you tdi! Rest assured there are plenty of designers better than me on this forum ;) But I appreciate your kind words all the same, and am glad you enjoy the designs!

I'm not a design student, unfortunately. Simply a novice!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

If I may Domino, I have one criticism of your photoshop technique. Though it's rather insignificant, I think you over use the thin white lines as highlights (i.e. pen tool - stroke path with small white brush to define edges). In some of your renderings (i.e. Your Silvia and Abante) the black lines in the sketches are replaced with white ones in the form of highlights, and they become a little too dominating. A suggestion would be to either use the stroke path - simulate pressure, or to use a large eraser at 0% to gently erase the edges of the white highlights. The best method for defining edges would be to use a lighter shade of the color of your car as the paint color when you stroke the path, instead of white. Or you can reduce the opacity of the layer you used for the highlights to make them less striking.

Obeying the 1-2-3 rule for light and dark would help as well. For example you can create a new layer, and roughly paint the side of your car black or dark grey in that layer. You can then lower the opacity of that layer and it would allow your side to appear slightly darker than the top of your car (hood, windshield, roof), as it would be in reality.

Also I think if you raise the reflection horizon higher to near 1/2 of your car body, it will not only look better but also make for an easier rendering job!

anyways just a thought :)
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions Burns, I will try to implement them in my upcoming renders :) Unfortunately I've nearly finished my next design so I won't be able to make many changes but rest assured I will take your advice. I too notice that some of the highlight lines stand out way too much, especially on my darker-colored cars. I already use the "simulate pressure" option.

Thanks for the pointers.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:03 PM
DesignCentral Inc.

Send a message via MSN to dreamersmystique

Wow Domino...let me make it simple...put a gun to my head and threten to pull the trigger and ask me:"Which one is the best?"....I would still say...I dont know, cos they are all AWESOME!...

Very neat...not overdone...and simply great...ohh...the Abante...would do great as a Subaru...with the grille and all...really nice work...what do you do 4 a living??...Designer??...I mean...if u arent, better put up a portfolio and click send!...

Cheers!

http://dreamersmystique.deviantart.com/
Old 09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Wow, thanks dreamersmystique, I appreciate your comments!! I'm certainly not a designer--far from it, in fact--I just draw ("design" may be too strong a term) as a hobby.

As an aside, I know I haven't posted any work in a while; I've been incredibly busy lately but I do have a few ideas in the works that I hope I can find the time to render and post in the near future :)

Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

Hey buddy! Good stuff, its been awhile. How have you been? Your sketches and renders are getting better with each one done!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClunBB9 View Post
Hey buddy! Good stuff, its been awhile. How have you been? Your sketches and renders are getting better with each one done!
Hey yourself! Long time no see

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devote to it that I once did, so my improvement seems to be stalling, in a way, but I try to keep it up.

You should update YOUR gallery for once :) Are you still in school?