There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2015, 04:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Interior:

Looking like an obvious production version of the Avenir:

In ten years, my how far we've come:

Last edited by pjl35; 01-29-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

I'm truly looking forward to the new-generation Buick LaCrosse. I feel that it's going to grow in size and be more upmarket than the worthy current model, perhaps sized to it's Chevrolet Impala and Cadillac XTS cousins, as I've indicated upthread. This could be a good volume offering of a larger sedan, slotted underneath a very possible, and hopeful production Avenir, which being it would be larger, and RWD, there won't be product overlap. To me, it's a throwback to the older days where the new LaCrosse could be like the LeSabre and the Avenir can be like the Electra/Park Avenue placed above. Those interior shots, too, are showing it shaping up nicely, too.

What I'm at it, I'll go on a slight tangent here, and say that a production Buick Avenir can co-exist with a Cadillac CT6, not unlike way back when a Buick Electra/Park Avenue co-existed with Cadillac DeVille (You also had the Oldsmobile 98 and the Pontiac Bonneville, too). At Cadillac, a CT8 can be above it, as indicated, like the Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham, and later, if Cadillac gets a higher-tier offering to run with Rolls-Royce and Bentley, which was reported, that can be like what the factory Fleetwood 75 limousine was to the lineup back then. This will also recoup and justify more revenue and inventments into the Omega platform. Also, and similarly in theory, you you have a GMC Yukon Denali co-existing with a Cadillac Escalade, too.

All in all, with an Aviner flagship, and a large higher-volume new LaCrosse, and a reported larger next-generation Regal below that, plus other offerings and crossovers of different ranges, Buick will soon have a formidable and a highly competitive lineup.

Last edited by 63Bonneville; 01-30-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Raconteur

I'm hoping that when the camo comes off that it's American swanky like--if not literally looking like-the 60s Electra 225s, Invictas, and Skylarks of when I was a young boy (mid 60s).

The current Lacrosse isn't ugly but to my eyes it's not commanding enough in its styling to warrant its price. It also does not say "BUICK". Throw Chevy badges on it and it could be a Malibu.

The Avenir--if it truly indicates a resurgence of great American styling--makes me bullish on the future of Buick.

Buick has some momentum, but cars that raise the bar of what can be expected from an American near-premium brand would be quite welcome.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Since the (new-generation) LaCrosse is above the Impala in the hierarchy, I'm wondering if a higher-performance model would be in the cards, too, perhaps something with the 3.6L twin-turbo V6, tuned, and maybe lesser so, than in the Cadillac XTS Vsport, or maybe that new 3.0L twin-turbo V6 that reported to be on the way. That can maybe be badged as a GS, or Super edition, and, of course, it would have to be AWD. The current LaCrosse can be had with AWD, as it is. The Chevrolet Impala is not offered with AWD, and nothing above the solid, naturally-aspirated 3.6L V6, as it is. Then again, currently, the Impala has a Zeta-based SS sedan above it, so an higher-powered Impala SS is not really needed. That's of course, right now, for the SS is supposed to hang around until 2017.

Now, and another tangent, I'm wondering what would happen with the SS, which is a lower-volume offering, reaches the end in 2015. Would it be succeeded by an Omega-based offering, which a report did speculate, but, I also think that an Alpha can underpin it, for the SS is sized around the same as the Alpha-based Cadillac CTS, and the CTS's size is reportedly the max-size for the Alpha platform, hence Omega for larger models. If not, would we get an Impala SS, with AWD, and the twin-turbo 3.6L V6, tuned like the XTS V-Sport?

Even so, as I'm looking forward to the upcoming new LaCrosse, though the 3.6L V6 is strong and competent, I can't help but wonder if a higher-performance edition is also in the cards, as it moves upmarket.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The interior looks great but I'm disappointed this is going to pretty much be the production Aventir. I was hoping Buick might surprise us with an actual RWD flagship.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:51 AM
NISMO by another name..

The interior looks a lot like the new Chrylser 200's, which is not a bad thing. I don't know how older buyers will feel about that e-shifter.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Crazy Composer!

I feel like the interior could have been produced closer to the concept. The production version looks a bit cheap in some places.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:43 PM
CSS Veteran

New spy shots of the exterior:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...osse-spy-shots
Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
watered down (which has aged quite nicely) vs. the current one based upon that pic
Old 09-14-2015, 06:38 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
watered down (which has aged quite nicely) vs. the current one based upon that pic
huh? comparing what to what now?