There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
Last evening, eight (!) Jaguar E-types outside Park Cafe on 10th Avenue in NYC as seen from the High Line.

Three of them were Series 1: one coupe, one roadster top down, and one roadster in white with the hardtop attached...and whitewalls like the car exhibited in NY many years ago. Five were double parked and moved off while a crowd watched them.

There were multiple XJs around too, so I gather it was a press event associated with the show. No facelifted XFs though.
Looking forward to the New York Auto Show!!!! I'll be there on Saturday, 4/23, and at least one additional day during the course of the following week.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 PM
CSS Veteran

I just saw a new MG 6, which was quite a surprise. I remember being quite impressed by the size and stance. If the driver hadn't been sitting in the car, I would have taken a few pictures for your viewing pleasure! The car was white, by the way.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Here's something that I caught, on Easter Eve (4/23) in downtown Pearl River, NY, and after leaving the New York Auto Show, from being there all day, to meeting a few for a quick night out, following this event - parked along-side the street was a vintage, 1974 Ford Maverick 2-door, a now rare sight, and something of a forgotten Ford in the USA. This compact Ford model succeeded the Falcon (an affordable compact line in the USA), but was replaced by the Granada (another forgotten Ford line) after the mid 70s. I managed to get a couple of iPhone 3GS photos of this (iPhone 4 has a higher-res camera, along with an LED flash), for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford Maverick 1974 - front.jpg (92.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Maverick 1974 - rear.jpg (96.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM
CSS Veteran

Today, the first car I've seen while stepping out was a Aston Martin DB9. That was a good start to the day! Later while heading home, I've seen a DBS (I've never seen one before). It was silver, and wow, the sound of it... *drool*
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I saw some interesting stuff yesterday...
- A blue Lexus CT200h. I liked the grey one I saw the other day, but this colour was just stunning
- A red Nissan Juke with a slightly amusing private plate which imitated the words 'AM I LAZY'. Still don't like them
- A black Nissan GT-R and silver Skyline GT-R (R32) parked side-by-side in a town centre. Only ever seen a couple of Skylines in the UK

Also, silver Ford Scorpio Mk1 and black Bentley Continental GT Speed.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Today, in my NJ Transit commuter parking lot, was a new BMW 7-Series Alpina B7, a regular-wheelbase size, in bright blue, and what a standout! This was the second time I've caught an Alpina B7 in the wild.

Going on the other end of the spectrum, while leaving the lot, passing by an adjacent lot, over to the end, was an old Chevrolet Citation, from the early 80s, not exactly a respected vehicle, but, seeing one on the roads is now rare, after being so commonplace at one time. This was a brown 4-door hatch and was in worn-out shape. Many Citations, along with their X-car cousins, the Pontiac Phoenix, Buick Skylark and Oldsmobile Omega, have found their way into the boneyard.

Earlier in the week, and on a commercial side-road in Emerson, NJ, was a unique sight, a vintage, 1940s-era fat-fendered Hudson 4-door sedan, complete with split windshield and suicide doors! It was on the road-side, and near a garage, and may be intended to be a restoration-project. I'll post a couple of photos that I took of this car, a little later on.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Today, 4/28/11, I saw my first Chevrolet Volt in the wild, not at a show or dealer-lot, at a parking-lot of the NY Waterway, in Weehawken, NJ. This was in silver, and has some decent presence, seen in the lot. There were lots of nice rides in this lot, including seeing my first 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0, which was in a bright blue. I only took a photo of the Volt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chevrolet Volt at NY Waterway lot.jpg (94.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Kiwi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
- A black Nissan GT-R and silver Skyline GT-R (R32) parked side-by-side in a town centre. Only ever seen a couple of Skylines in the UK
If you want to see cars like that, come to NZ. We get everything the Japanese don't want. Things like Skylines, Stageas etc. are all available second hand (and in right hand drive) for cheap as chips.

Speaking of which, I saw my second Toyota Probox on a dealer's lot the other day.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Not many Asian cars here, although there's a dealer near me that always stocks a load of Japanese grey imports, often for 3-figure sums, as well as the usual European stuff.

Not my kind of cars but they certainly make my head turn.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Continuing on what I recently posted upthread, here are a few photos of that vintage 1940s Hudson sedan, which I spotted on a side, commercial road in Emerson, NJ., earlier in the week. Here it is, unrestored complete with split-windshield, as well as suicide-doors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hudson 1940s fron three-quarter view.jpg (92.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Hudson 1940s Side View.jpg (89.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Hudson 1940s rear three-quarter view.jpg (79.3 KB, 1 views)