Alfa interior
Nissan D pillar
Malibu/Camaro face
Lexus touches throughout the styling

So is it a Chevy?
Range Rover (or Suzuki Swift) A pillar.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Withholding judgement on it until we see size etc specs.

This whole Sante Fe Sport/Acura RDX sized vehicle is a natural evolution for those of us going into "the Kids have left home we don't need a three row suv but give be elbow room and comfort" zone. Definitely a growing segment of the market.

Yeah I put myself in that slot. The CRV/Equinox type lack power and especially comfort after the Pilot/traverse vehicle.

Interior pictures on GM site

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...19-blazer.html

Last edited by boston; 06-23-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
...The CRV/Equinox type lack power and especially comfort after the Pilot/traverse vehicle.
This thing has a big wheezing 4 cylinder as its base.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
This thing has a big wheezing 4 cylinder as its base.
I know you like base spec vehicles but gimme a sweet six cylinder.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
And that, misses the point entirely.This is coming with decidedly low-tech engines. Where's the advancement?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:32 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
The upper level will be available w/ the usual GM 3.6L V6. Certainly enough for 99% of the population's needs.

Isn't this (presumably) much bigger than an Equinox? The CRV and RDX, after their last redesigns, are decently big in terms of exterior dimensions.... Definitely big enough for empty nesters. I think the RDX, in particular, makes a lot of sense b/c there are some people who want an easily manageable size w/ luxury touches and good power.

On a vaguely related note, the new Insight is getting kudos for how refined it is, which makes me hopefully for the Acura ILX (should that actually ever be re-designed). The current Civic is actually a good enough size for me, but I just can't get over the juvenile styling....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And that, misses the point entirely.This is coming with decidedly low-tech engines. Where's the advancement?
In the transmission, infotainment, and structure (lighter but stronger for many GM re-designs)?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
A nice enough, but also quite unremarkable mid size cross over, that certainly goes with time. But I have to agree, who on earth thought that putting the Blazer name on this is a great idea? Mitsubishi's Eclipse was quite bad as well, but what's next? The Corvette compact CUV? Ford EcoSport rebranded as GT40? The Jeep Grand Wagoneer badge on a Fiat Panda?

Otherwise, whilst nice, the exterior is somehow a 50-50 mix of Mazda CX-5 and Lexus NX, and the interior designer has clearly been in a Mercedes C/GLC and liked it....
....the S-10 Blazer was a staple of the US market, and even the TrailBlazer was about the same target market. The VAST majority of those cars sold stayed on road, and many bought them in 2WD trim. Blazer doesn't have as much equity as you'd think.

With that said, I like it a lot.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
....the S-10 Blazer was a staple of the US market, and even the TrailBlazer was about the same target market. The VAST majority of those cars sold stayed on road, and many bought them in 2WD trim. Blazer doesn't have as much equity as you'd think.

With that said, I like it a lot.
Likely I'm biased, as a kid my parents used to have A K5 Blazer, proper V8 one.

That said, the S10 was indeed a bit dull, and the Trailblazer even more so, but that name lives on on a different car anyway (and that, funny enough, is actually a rather proper offloaded nowadays with separate chassis and proper 4WD).

This is not a bad vehicle, don't get me wrong, just a mix of other cars (with IMO little Chevy identity) and it should have used a name with less history as such....
Old 06-22-2018, 07:37 PM
Administrator

I feel Chevy shopped around new names at design clinics and focus groups no doubt, and I feel they went with Blazer since potential customers know the name. Ford is also bringing back the Bronco but that is more iconic I feel.

There is also the new trailblazer in other markets but I don't see Chevy bringing that into the US.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
I feel Chevy shopped around new names at design clinics and focus groups no doubt, and I feel they went with Blazer since potential customers know the name. Ford is also bringing back the Bronco but that is more iconic I feel.

There is also the new trailblazer in other markets but I don't see Chevy bringing that into the US.
I agree. Ford's challenge will be with the "Mach I" name that is migrating from being a Mustang trim level to a model.