Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post

The entire world weeps at what Suzuki has done the the Vitara. Oh the humanity!
Exactly, thus who is going to weep about the 'Blazer'? Nobody.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Because it is so smacked down by the garbage from Suzuki!
Old 06-24-2018, 11:23 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Lincoln View Post
For those sages who are predicting this will be a big hit, why?
B/c, weird styling touches aside, it'll probably the right size at the (nearly) right price? B/c, if it's nice enough, that would still put it ahead of Chevy's recent offerings in this class? And a nice SUV will still sell more than, say, a sedan.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
B/c, weird styling touches aside, it'll probably the right size at the (nearly) right price? B/c, if it's nice enough, that would still put it ahead of Chevy's recent offerings in this class? And a nice SUV will still sell more than, say, a sedan.
indeed. Right size. Right price. Not run-of-the-mill looking. i don't find it attractive, but I find it far more attractive than the rest of Chevy's crossovers that look very tame and dull.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:59 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Quote:
indeed. Right size. Right price. Not run-of-the-mill looking. i don't find it attractive, but I find it far more attractive than the rest of Chevy's crossovers that look very tame and dull.
I agree with all of that. It's right in the heart of the market, the design looks good enough (even if it looks way more Japanese than Chevrolet), I just have a hard time with the name (at least for the moment); I think if you dig out heritage names, give the car a bit of traditional design, or just give it a fresh name.

Nevertheless, this certainly will sell, even if likely also cannibalize well into the existing CUV lineup (and naturally, like all cross overs, into the sedan market)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9OqyMSvTVM
Old 06-25-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post

Nice story. Unfortunately this will never happen with expensive modern disposable rubbish cars.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Nice story. Unfortunately this will never happen with expensive modern disposable rubbish cars.
Except that in its day, the Chevy was the "modern disposable rubbish car" and as long as there is an emotional attachment, there will be that reaction.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:41 PM

If anyone feels like surprising me with a 1965 Impala hardtop, ping me and I'll send you my address. One of my favorites.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:48 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Except that in its day, the Chevy was the "modern disposable rubbish car" and as long as there is an emotional attachment, there will be that reaction.
I think the real challenge with cars of today (or even already 10 - 15 yeras old) in 50 years will be ot the lack of emotion, but the electric issues, and the lack of available know how for all the bells and whistles (many major electric faults already require specialized tools/equipment that not all large dealers have), or simply parts not available anymore. Yes, availability ain't new, but mechanical stuff can be reproduced. But reproducing an ECU, infotainment screen, ESC control unit and getting that to talk to 50 year old rest of components? Which of the 500 sensors is giving the faulty signal that sends the car into limp mode, and finding that without a dealer software diagnosis?That will be a challenge indeed, that won't be able to be done with love and passion in your garage, unfortunately...

Stories of how NASA has problems getting to their older data, or McLaren has to keep "stone age" laptops around to be able to service the McLaren F1 are IMO a glimpse of what we can expect for our nowadays cars once they become vintage models...