CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 11-29-2015, 03:59 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Whatever concept car that Lexus recently put out indicates that the rear end will be just as offensive, unfortunately....
At least is is not dull like Audi styling or recycled like BMW is doing. Is the GS gorgeous? Nope, not by a long shot, but it does "attitudinal" very well. The Lexus look has grown on me slightly.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Blackraven Blackraven is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,200
Default

Wow so fast. It's now available in the Philippines as well (Same Week Release as Japan)




Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-29-2015, 04:21 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Wow so fast. It's now available in the Philippines as well (Same Week Release as Japan)...
Interesting. I'm actually surprised it is sold it the Philippines. I would have assumed in that market they would just sell the Toyota Crown Athlete. And don't get me started on why the Toyota and Lexus are differently styled when for all intents and purposes they are the same car.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Blackraven Blackraven is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Interesting. I'm actually surprised it is sold it the Philippines. I would have assumed in that market they would just sell the Toyota Crown Athlete. And don't get me started on why the Toyota and Lexus are differently styled when for all intents and purposes they are the same car.
Yup we do. In fact, more than 60 markets worldwide will offer this new GS-F.
In any case, Lexus (c/o of Lexus Manila) has come a long way since the brand arrived in our shores back in March 2012. The lineup has grown from 3rd gen GS, IS300 all the way to the full lineup including F Sport and F Sport cars....

The brand has really grown and evolved in the local scene =)




Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 PM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
At least is is not dull like Audi styling or recycled like BMW is doing.
This is true. For me, the primary traits that a Lexus must have are outstanding reliability and a quiet (although not necessarily soft) ride. Lexus's fit and finish no longer impress as much as they once did, although at least the interiors are getting a much needed injection of style. As long as the produce reliable cars, people will forgive the styling.

I assume Audi and BMW can justify the total lack of progression in their interior/exterior design with the fact that their packing so much tech into the cars; I just wish the tech were actually useful and reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Yup we do. In fact, more than 60 markets worldwide will offer this new GS-F.
In any case, Lexus (c/o of Lexus Manila) has come a long way since the brand arrived in our shores back in March 2012. The lineup has grown from 3rd gen GS, IS300 all the way to the full lineup including F Sport and F Sport cars....

The brand has really grown and evolved in the local scene =)




They need THAT in the USA because that is POSH. WOW
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-30-2015, 12:29 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
This is true. For me, the primary traits that a Lexus must have are outstanding reliability and a quiet (although not necessarily soft) ride. Lexus's fit and finish no longer impress as much as they once did, although at least the interiors are getting a much needed injection of style. As long as the produce reliable cars, people will forgive the styling.

I assume Audi and BMW can justify the total lack of progression in their interior/exterior design with the fact that their packing so much tech into the cars; I just wish the tech were actually useful and reliable.
Lexus is at a nexus. Lexus has not displaced the Germans entirely and now Genesis is gunning for them.

Genesis is a major threat over time to Lexus. I'd take a Genesis G80 (current Genesis) over a GS.

Hyundai reliability easily matches Toyota.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-30-2015, 06:31 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Lexus is at a nexus. Lexus has not displaced the Germans entirely and now Genesis is gunning for them.

Genesis is a major threat over time to Lexus. I'd take a Genesis G80 (current Genesis) over a GS.

Hyundai reliability easily matches Toyota.
I haven't recently looked at reliability data for Hyundai, so I can't comment about that.

Lexus has given up trying to take on the "Big 3" in Germany (there's an article in one of the car mags that a Lexus exec said it was impossible trying to match them). Lexus has frequently been 1-3 in terms of sales in the U.S. (vs. other mainstream luxury makes).

I do agree that Lexus needs to watch out for Hyundai.... And, to a lesser extent, Buick. I don't think there's going to be much (if anything) separating the next-gen LaCrosse from an Avalon or an ES (aside from resale value).

I also think Toyota/Honda need to look for Hyundai/Kia....
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-30-2015, 02:37 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
...I do agree that Lexus needs to watch out for Hyundai.... And, to a lesser extent, Buick.....
If priced right, the Continental could have a major impact of Lexus sales.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,397
Default



https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1087937.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy