Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2015, 10:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
One would hope that Chevy would not be so stupid as to not have the right number.
I have in my possession an early run 2013 Malibu brochure which boldly claims that the eco model would get 38 mpg. I don't think it ever topped 36 in epa testing and never came close in real world tests.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
I have in my possession an early run 2013 Malibu brochure which boldly claims that the eco model would get 38 mpg. I don't think it ever topped 36 in epa testing and never came close in real world tests.
See that's dumb. It's better to underpromise and then act surprised and run a commercial that the vehicle is more efficient than advertising first promised.

It's like back in 1968 when the Shelby Mustang GT500KR promised 300 horsepower (or whatever was the insurance company number) for the CobraJet but it actually delivered more in the vehicle.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Motor Trend got a first driving impression as part of Car of The Year:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevr...ear-contender/

On the whole they like it. They found the 2.0 to be quick and very quiet. Recorded MPG pretty much matched GM's early estimates.

There's a problem though. The LT models have a cloth covering on the parts of the dash like the Cruze. Except it's really tacky cloth and it extends awkwardly under the center stack.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevr...bu-1lt-cockpit

The Malibu has been on my short list of potential cars to buy next but if this doesn't look better in real life, or in a different color, it might be a deal breaker.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This car looks really promising!! Can't wait to see more in depth reviews
Old 11-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Raconteur

I'm still not liking the face, but--as a product--this is a massive improvement over the current Malipoop on the lot.

I will definitely check it out a year from now when my Fusion lease is up.

I'm not thrilled with the 1.5 turbo because it probably won't give great real world MPG. A friend a a Fusion Ecoboost and I get better mileage with the old tech 2.5 four. I think small turbo engines are how manufacturers play the MPG game for the government, but it may not be best in reality.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I'm still not liking the face, but--as a product--this is a massive improvement over the current Malipoop on the lot.

I will definitely check it out a year from now when my Fusion lease is up.

I'm not thrilled with the 1.5 turbo because it probably won't give great real world MPG. A friend a a Fusion Ecoboost and I get better mileage with the old tech 2.5 four. I think small turbo engines are how manufacturers play the MPG game for the government, but it may not be best in reality.
Agreed in the face...the lack of angle of headlights seems to make it seem "straight faced".... For me the one I'm anxious to see is the hybrid... That has a pile of potential
Old 11-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Raconteur

The two-grille styling is awkward on every Chevy it appears on. An Impala face would have been better.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:17 PM
The Lurker

The faces of modern cars are getting more and more convoluted with openings. There are 7 cut outs on the face and it's compressed more because it's angled downwards and lower than the hood. The fog light housing is also non-sensible.

The worst offender imo is the new X4, which has a CF of stuff just throw at the front aimlessly. Literally none of it is cohesive. BMW is still holding onto the round fog lights that look like they were an afterthought. Apparently the kidney grille doesn't take in enough air, so they need a bigger grille below, and clearly that should be split in two.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:55 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Oh the random shapes and lines on the X4 don#t stop on the fornt. just look at the side ;)

The CHevy is anotherwise very elegant and fitting deisgn, so a weird nose stands out more than on the wierd form any angle X4 ;)
Old 11-11-2015, 08:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The Chevy front does look busy with all the air intakes, but I do like it nonetheless. Overall, it looks decent.

Last edited by ocn75; 11-11-2015 at 09:34 PM.