Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2018, 01:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2019 Audi A6

https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2019-a6/

A more unusual design than it appears to be at first glance, by Audi standards anyway. The secondary character line that runs through the front door handle before turning down under the rear door handle is an unusually expressive touch for Audi, and combines with the creases in the shoulder line for an almost Seat-like appearance.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:04 AM
CSS Veteran

Like some of the other posters, I find the current A6 to be quite attractive, so I don't mind that the new one look so similar to the old.

I'm a bit baffled by the interior design language, though. The dash makes me feel like I'm staring down the esophagus of an alien. Not exactly luxurious, IMHO.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Remember the days when Audi’s interiors were beautiful and ergonomic? This is neither.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:43 AM
The Lurker

Audi still doesn't know how to detail their grille. This has adopted the thicker silver surround from the A8 instead of the slimmer A7 (the wrong choice). Again the headlights look too big.

Fake exhausts are inexcusable on a car this expensive. The rest is just fine.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:55 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Audi is the worst offender of this. No excuse especially on S models (sq5). I find all Audiís look remarkably better in person so hopefully same will hold true here. The beige interior with Grey headliner looks absurd. So far only JLR has executed the three screens well.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Would have to see it in person, but it is not bad from the photos. Is this going to be the stock front bumper? or is it some kind of sport package.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:43 AM
CSS Oldtimer

it does look fine, but mostly because the previous model was a nice looking sedan, and this looks virtually identical bar soem detailing. And here comes my problem: most of the detailing (I like the pronounced rear fender) is actually not improving the car, the many fake vents are boy racer/Honda Civic style, and the worst part are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Exactly; Intolerable. Are they kidding us? Or is this the new defeat device, hoping that tetsers will stick their emission probes to the fake exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
Audi is the worst offender of this. No excuse especially on S models (sq5).
Again, to be fair, the whole VAG group is doing it (just driving behind a new Golf, with two big chrome tips, and white smoke escaping somewhere below the bumper, as the engine was cold. Kind of a sad sight), as is Mercedes, so the vast majority of German car manufacturers do it; Which is especially bad, as they like to present themselves as engineering cars, and fans talk about the supremacy of German engineering; It's a detail, but one that says a lot.

Back to the Audi A6: I don't like the new all screen interiors, they lack the elegance of previous Audis, and the large surfaces of black plastic continuing the screens across teh dash are also looking hard, and thus not what you would want to touch in an Audi; And even very VAG friendly reviewers were saying - politely - that it is not too easy to use, and a step back form the previous rotary dial operated MMI. Generally I feel that the new A8 and A7 (and this uses an identical cockpit to the A7 as before) have traded style for maximum tech gimmickry; Recently having been in both a new A8 and new Lexus LS side by side, the Lexus just feels more special inside, it feels more expensive, and doesn't feel "older" despite having less screen real estate. Same goes for a Mercedes S-Class....
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 AM

Exterior looks like an Audi, and this could have been an A6 ten years ago, which is not a good thing.
Interior looks high quality, but three screens is massive overkill, an ergonomic nightmare, and God help the owner if there is a glitch or bad wiring (and let's face it: it IS and Audi... good luck).
I'm curious why none of the promotional photos feature a car with a moonroof. When most companies will show off the fact that they have panoramic roofs in all their promotional photos, these photos don't even show a standard moonroof.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
or is it some kind of sport package.
S-line version on all press pics so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
it does look fine, but mostly because the previous model was a nice looking sedan, and this looks virtually identical bar soem detailing.
As an Audi fan I must say I quite like it, but it's not that great, detailing IMO is ok minus the fake exhausts, but the part I don't like the most are the rear lights - not as bad as on the new A7, but I just don't like them.
Still they could've tried a bit more to progress the design a bit further - and this looks more like a facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Back to the Audi A6: I don't like the new all screen interiors,
Mixed feelings on the interior - while I like the general look of it, the main screen is positioned too low and HVAC controls would've been better if the stayed in the traditional form without touchscreen. Plus too much glossy surfaces, and they only look good first five seconds after you cleaned them. And they also added a lot of metal on the door trim that looks somewhat tacky.

Real shame is that you only get a real Quatrro with the V-6 diesels, smaller ones and even V6 petrol get this Ultra crap. If you go for a 4-cylinder there's one more reason less not to choose Volvo instead.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 PM

Now others will follow this stupid trend set by Germans: touch screens everywhere.