Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2018, 06:45 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Now others will follow this stupid trend set by Germans: touch screens everywhere.
Well, to be fair, the whole industry seemed like it was moving there anyway, though....
Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Well, to be fair, the whole industry seemed like it was moving there anyway, though....
Right, they hardly started the trend. Infiniti has been doing it since the current generation G50, Volvo has been moving there, Land Rover, Tesla, etc.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
the Germans actually tried to go the other direction of "mouse controller" instead of touch screens.

Last edited by IcedG35; 03-01-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
So far only JLR has executed the three screens well.
I was just thinking the same thing. The Range Rover Velar's interpretation of the dual-screen dashboard layout is the only one I've seen so far that makes any sort of aesthetic or ergonomic sense.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:52 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Right, they hardly started the trend. Infiniti has been doing it since the current generation G50, Volvo has been moving there, Land Rover, Tesla, etc.
I imagine Tesla, especially, has prompted other luxury makes to move toward it (since Tesla has no physical buttons on the dash at all, correct?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35
the Germans actually tried to go the other direction of "mouse controller" instead of touch screens.
I think in the early infotainment system, a mouse controller made sense. But since so many things (esp outside of cars) are now touchscreen, I assume they will move to the touch screen b/c of the whole "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude.

I actually think BMW's (and VWs?) gesture recognition is actually a great idea in theory (no reaching for a screen or having to coordinate inputs on a mouse while driving), but I assume the tech isn't there to make the system work well yet....
Old 03-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I imagine Tesla, especially, has prompted other luxury makes to move toward it (since Tesla has no physical buttons on the dash at all, correct).
Ask swizzle, Tesla does not influence Germans.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Ask swizzle, Tesla does not influence Germans.
Do you have any purpose here besides being a troll? Why do you feel the need to call someone out who hasn't even been a part of this conversation, just to take a shot at them?
Old 03-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Do you have any purpose here besides being a troll? Why do you feel the need to call someone out who hasn't even been a part of this conversation, just to take a shot at them?
No, not trolling, just being objective, instead of cherry picking facts to fit personal subjective views.

If 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has influenced 'Car Industry' (including Germans), then 'Tesla BEV' has influenced 'Car Industry' into BEV market (including Germans). If 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has not influenced 'Car Industry', then nothing 'Tesla', not even 'Tesla BEV' has influenced 'Car Industry'.

If swizzle claims in BEV threads that 'Tesla BEV' has not influenced 'Car Industry', then swizzle must support that 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has not influenced 'Car Industry'.

Simple logic.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
No, not trolling, just being objective, instead of cherry picking facts to fit personal subjective views.

If 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has influenced 'Car Industry' (including Germans), then 'Tesla BEV' has influenced 'Car Industry' into BEV market (including Germans). If 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has not influenced 'Car Industry', then nothing 'Tesla', not even 'Tesla BEV' has influenced 'Car Industry'.

If swizzle claims in BEV threads that 'Tesla BEV' has not influenced 'Car Industry', then swizzle must support that 'Tesla Touchscreen Everything' has not influenced 'Car Industry'.

Simple logic.
Not simple logic. This is the opposite.

Has swizzle at ALL been involved in this conversation? No.

Has swizzle commented on this thread at all? No.

Is this conversation a BEV thread? No.

Is discussing overall vehicle design/technology trends and who started them still germane to a thread about the new generation A6? NO.

If you want to fight this battle, go start a separate thread or message swizzle about it. Hell, ask him out if you're so obsessed with his stance on things. Otherwise, please do us all a favor and stay in your lane.

Last edited by pjl35; 03-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:55 AM

Avant:

Looks good, much better than 5-series.