Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 AM

Default 2019 KIA K900

https://www.caradvice.com.au/632140/...k900-revealed/

A lot of MB styling, specially the interior, a regression in style respect the previous generation.

2019 KIA K900

Last edited by The Car-man; 03-20-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I don't see this to be anymore success than the previous one. It is okay looking, but very far from original, overly modern or interesting. It will blend in. The front end does somehow look the least convincing version of the Kia tiger nose, and that on their most expensive model.

Whilst I do see that the Stinger somehow found a niche for itself, and as a well rounded package is enough to be seen as an interesting alternative to established premium brands - even in Europe, where the German dominance is even "worse" - I don't see this anywhere close to repeating that; Given we are talking ultimate luxury segment, prestige is a huge selling point there, and this has very little, ultimately it will come down to whether you choose a say E-Class or this for the same price, and for most badge snobs (and in this price segment, there are a lot) the 3 pointed star (or Lexus badge, 4 rings, BMW kidneys...) will outweigh a few inches in rear leg room. Ultimately it does feel too boring to compensate the lack of luxury brand I guess.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Clean looking, but derivative and dull.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Raconteur

Completely pointless.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM
CSS Veteran

The perfectly horizontal roofline, while practical, is very boring. The front end isn't so bad, IMHO, but the rear looks very cheap (and the attempt to link the DRLs to the rear LEDs is just awful).

I'm getting shades of MB and Audi w/ the interior. I suppose if you can't beat them, then just blend them together....

Very yawn inducing. But I suspect it'll make a fine value as a 2-yr old used car....
Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
But I suspect it'll make a fine value as a 2-yr old used car....
This has been true for every large wannabe premium car for decades. The bigger, the better value, as the depreciation can be horrific in the first years (but it even is on the German large sedans)
Old 03-20-2018, 05:26 PM
Crazy Composer!

At the end of the day nobody is going to count Kia on their fingers when listing luxury and premium car brands. They need to just release cars under Genesis or have their own new brand. And they need to do better then this Korean-MB snore fest.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:33 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
This has been true for every large wannabe premium car for decades. The bigger, the better value, as the depreciation can be horrific in the first years (but it even is on the German large sedans)
Yes, but I still suspect that luxury cars from Hyundai (not sure about Genesis) and Kia depreciate at a steeper rate than do the Germans. It's great for buyers since the Koreans of course now make very nice cars; if you don't have to have the "right" badge, you can save a lot of $$$ (and I also assume maintenance costs are less, too).

BTW, more photos:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...r-looking-news

I'm seeing a lot of upscale Passat in the design. Even though the design is boring, panel gaps seem impressively tight.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:44 AM

A dull RWD Cadenza at a time nobody's buying sedans. I agree with other comments here in that this will make a fine bargain-priced used car. Except that there will only be 2 of these on the market, since only 2 people will have bought it.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM

The K900 confirm the end of Schreyer. He is no longer able to lead Kia and Hyundai in the right direction. I think he is simply too old now. The rear quarter view of the K900 says it all; specially, the rear lamp design is too stale. What a waste of (years of) time and (a great engineering) effort.