There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2018, 09:27 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Completely pointless.
This. I find the differentiation between Hyundai and Kia (and now Genesis) or more like the lack of it baffling.
I have a feeling the opposite happens right now.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Maybe this car has a more world wide audience - so to cater to North America is $$ easy -so might as well sell here?

I dunno. I'm grasping.

This does seem like a Kia Genesis to me.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

The new Kia K900 is sharp and advance, smartly executed, and in comparison to it's worthy but slow-selling predecessor. I'm looking forward to seeing it at the NY Auto Show when I attend.

The only thing that disappoints is that the 5.0L V8 is not offered in the K900, but is on the Korean-market K9 model. However, I've recently had the opportunity to drive a Stinger GT at a recent and traveling promo, and that 3.3L turbo V6 is one gutsy mill that sounds and feels like a V8, especially when you get on it! Also, I'm thinking that maybe to separate the K900 further from the flagship Genesis division, that could be the reasoning for no V8 in the USDM, unless perhaps it's offered later on and not at intro?
Old 03-29-2018, 10:08 AM

Lost opportunity.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 PM
CSS Veteran

Say what you want to about a car that sold all of 54 (!) cars in 2 mos in the US, but that's an awfully beautiful interior.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...-and-info-news
Old 03-29-2018, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Say what you want to about a car that sold all of 54 (!) cars in 2 mos in the US, but that's an awfully beautiful interior.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...-and-info-news
very pretty, in a "you cannot beat them, therefore copy them at a fraction of their price" way. tail = MB, dash = BMW...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysnkisses View Post
very pretty, in a "you cannot beat them, therefore copy them at a fraction of their price" way. tail = MB, dash = BMW...
It's not a bad strategy. ;) I know other posted have mentioned seeing MB in the rear, but I personally see more Bentley. I also see a bit of Lexus in the interior door panels.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:36 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
It's not a bad strategy. ;) I know other posted have mentioned seeing MB in the rear, but I personally see more Bentley. I also see a bit of Lexus in the interior door panels.
There is a hint of Bentley, but for me, it looks for all the world to be a Mercedes C-Class at the rear.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I agree both on the Bentley and Lexus parts. I also think it is well executed, and certainly most of the materials are not any worse than established luxury brands, but it still lacks the ultimate reason to get it (like the first Lexus LS400 was also a lot inspired by the Mercedes W126 S-Class, but was - by quite a stretch - the most mechanically refined car of it's time, and offering luxuries and tech you couldn't get in every competitor, so it had it's USPs, even if not design wise).

This is an excellent "Me too" product (not in a Weinstein kind of way), and I'm sure that the depreciation (which might also ruin the cheap initial price somehow) will make this an excellent second hand car. But I'm not sure that if I spend as much money as owning a luxury car does mean, this would be a favorite as a new car.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I agree both on the Bentley and Lexus parts. I also think it is well executed, and certainly most of the materials are not any worse than established luxury brands, but it still lacks the ultimate reason to get it (like the first Lexus LS400 was also a lot inspired by the Mercedes W126 S-Class, but was - by quite a stretch - the most mechanically refined car of it's time, and offering luxuries and tech you couldn't get in every competitor, so it had it's USPs, even if not design wise).

This is an excellent "Me too" product (not in a Weinstein kind of way), and I'm sure that the depreciation (which might also ruin the cheap initial price somehow) will make this an excellent second hand car. But I'm not sure that if I spend as much money as owning a luxury car does mean, this would be a favorite as a new car.
It really depends how much it costs. For a luxury car, what is important is just that: luxury/comfort. Reliability would be a good plus, unlike anything German (not counting Italian or British). Better spend less on a luxurious commuter car, and save the money for any other true pleasure.