CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-30-2018, 04:45 PM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
It really depends how much it costs. For a luxury car, what is important is just that: luxury/comfort. Reliability would be a good plus, unlike anything German (not counting Italian or British). Better spend less on a luxurious commuter car, and save the money for any other true pleasure.
Will probaby be around $60000 in the U.S.

IMHO, what's really important is a well-known name on the badge and a good dealership/service experience (at least in the U.S.). Are the top level AMG S-Classes really worth double what the base S-Classes are worth? No. But they sell every one they make b/c people want to show off.

Lexus has really been the only successful "new" luxury make b/c it offered exponentially more (and w/ greater sophistication, initially) than did anyone else. And they created a new dealer network (so you didn't have to deal w/ buying your car next to a Tercel).

BTW, BMWs and Audis have all done very well for the past several yrs in Consumer Reports reliability surveys. No doubt, they are very expensive to maintain. But there's not really much recent evidence to suggest that they're all unreliable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
USP
USP?

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 03-30-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-01-2018, 02:51 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,858
Default

KIA/Hyundai differentiation as others have mentioned is...blurry at best. KIA Stinger should have been that vehicle that sets them apart but now this comes along. Also, i wonder if KIA pays any attention to the thousands out there that won't buy their cars because they don't find the KIA logo appealing at all. I know its silly details but i was kinda hoping that the Stinger would have been a great chance for new branding.
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Also, i wonder if KIA pays any attention to the thousands out there that won't buy their cars because they don't find the KIA logo appealing at all. I know its silly details but i was kinda hoping that the Stinger would have been a great chance for new branding.
I don't know if those people are worth it then. There are more important things than logos and badges.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-01-2018, 05:02 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I don't know if those people are worth it then. There are more important things than logos and badges.
I agree. Besides, I can just hear it now. Imagine if KIA did "new branding" with some "expressive" symbol. People would be howling "wannabe" right and left. Kia's emblem is no less or more idiotic than 4 rings, a star, etc. If anything, I love the simplicity of it. A new emblem could come out as bad as the Lexus "nose" or the Mazda "uterus".
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I don't know if those people are worth it then. There are more important things than logos and badges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I agree. Besides, I can just hear it now. Imagine if KIA did "new branding" with some "expressive" symbol. People would be howling "wannabe" right and left. Kia's emblem is no less or more idiotic than 4 rings, a star, etc. If anything, I love the simplicity of it. A new emblem could come out as bad as the Lexus "nose" or the Mazda "uterus".
Yeah but they thing is, KIA needs to shake off their old image before they start aiming for more premium product. New branding isn't something Toyota, Mazda etc haven't already done in the 90s. If a new logo would help shift more cars then i would think its worth it personally. I like Mazda's logo, its simple and effective. Lexus's logo is also quite good IMO. I get what you mean swizzle but KIA is already got a grill design locked in and it works best on vehicles like the Stinger and Sportage. I don't think they would necessarily go for a 'matching' nose or for try-hard techniques.
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2018, 07:40 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Yeah but they thing is, KIA needs to shake off their old image before they start aiming for more premium product. New branding isn't something Toyota, Mazda etc haven't already done in the 90s. If a new logo would help shift more cars then i would think its worth it personally. I like Mazda's logo, its simple and effective. Lexus's logo is also quite good IMO. I get what you mean swizzle but KIA is already got a grill design locked in and it works best on vehicles like the Stinger and Sportage. I don't think they would necessarily go for a 'matching' nose or for try-hard techniques.
Changing brand perception is a very long and tedious task, but if done well and rigorously it pays off. Re-branding is very costly (in terms of marketing) and risky, yet there is not guarantee it works, even if the idea is sound.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2018, 03:09 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,077
Default

Aside from the ridiculous K900, Kia does not appear to be going premium. Their trajectory is more toward the near-premium band inhabited by Acura and Buick.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-02-2018, 06:00 PM
boston boston is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Aside from the ridiculous K900, Kia does not appear to be going premium. Their trajectory is more toward the near-premium band inhabited by Acura and Buick.
I would hardly call KIA near premium. Rather its a premium Hyundai.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-02-2018, 06:44 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
I would hardly call KIA near premium. Rather its a premium Hyundai.
That's only because you look down your nose at the Koreans.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-03-2018, 02:00 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Changing brand perception is a very long and tedious task, but if done well and rigorously it pays off. Re-branding is very costly (in terms of marketing) and risky, yet there is not guarantee it works, even if the idea is sound.
oh i know and i agree. Worked in Marketing myself. But with the amount of money KIA/Hyundai have been investing in every aspect of the business and risks they have been taking with their market ventures and cars such as the GENESIS models, Stinger and the likes of the Kona and Veloster it seems they are more than keen to try everything possible to improve and gain market share. It seems typical of Korean brands of late, such as Samsung etc.
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy