Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Default 2019 Ford Focus

Looks nice. Glad to hear we'll be getting variants, not just the sedan.

https://www.motor1.com/news/238740/2...ocus-revealed/

Also, the article says it is a new platform. Grain of salt?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Official pictures look better, and the interior seems like a huge step forward, even if the ubiquitous digital instruments don't seem to be a thing so far (personally, I prefer regular instruments plus a smaller screen in between, together with a HUD - even if this is one of the cheap with a small plastic screen solutions - anyway). but much less eating into front passenger room, a cleaner look, and it seems to employ rather nice materials. Also it seems to hit the right amount of buttons left IMO, I want buttons (or dials) for my AC control, and a volume knob (not capacitive plus minus) and some rudimentary audio controls (all checked here).

Exterior is nice, not outstanding, but different enough to be regarded as a new model without totally abandoning the previous models and as such make them look horribly dated at first glance.

88kg reduction in weight whilst getting a 53mm longer wheelbase together with increased torsional rigidity do read like a new platform, and an 8 speed auto is a welcome updtae over the so so Power shift units before. Altogether I think a worthy update, probably as a whole currently the best in class, even if it is not a stunning, opinion dividing water shed vehicle like the first gen focus was.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

No big surprises visually, it looks good. I really like the look of the blue ST Line.

It does appear to be a new platform, which is a bit of a surprise. The longer wheelbase isn't, and is definitely welcome, as is the 8-speed auto (the one Ford co-developed with GM I assume). I assume the US version will get the 1.5 turbo to replace the 2.0 NA.

The interior doesn't blow me away, but it's nice enough. The less bulky dash is good and it looks like the door cards and upper dash have some nice materials. The lower half of the dash looks pretty cheap though, mainly due to the misaligned glovebox door (really?) and the shininess of the plastics around the climate controls. So, class competitive, but nothing to worry the Golf.

Overall, I like it, and it looks like a big improvement over the current car. But what I really want to see is the new ST!

Last edited by SV; 04-10-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
CSS Veteran

I'm going to post my usual complaint about the U.S. not getting the wagon. The wagon is particularly handsome, and looks quite large (it seems to be firmly in the mid-sized category). Glad to see that the airer interior design of the Fiesta made it to the Focus. I wonder how many of the upscale touches (panoramic sunroof, B&O sound system) will make their way to the U.S....

The aerodynamics of the sedan are very impressive....
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I like everything except the use of the grill and the headlights in this car...gives it a guppy look.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

As stated previously, the hatch has Mazda vibes to it which is no bad thing - looks lovely and a big step up from the current generation. The sedan and wagon look acceptable, but nothing more, and leave me a bit cold TBH. So to does the interior - nothing outstanding and we've seen it all before.

Overall, not bad but nothing special, but the hatch piques the interest. Looking forward to the drive reviews.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:29 PM
Raconteur

Very Kia looking from behind.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

way too much body surfacing on the sedan and wagon but the hatchback looks fantastic. finally all grown up without those silly taillight extensions into the profile

Last edited by IcedG35; 04-11-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:25 AM
Raconteur

The sedan is the best looking of the set, but none of them are home runs.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 AM
MERCURY: Mission2020 @FiN

outsides are no surprise ... except for the kinda weird diff-fogs-per-trim = part of what, for me, means a basically good style spoiled by yucky detailing (wheels too)
&
can't say I like the dash or esp the console :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I like everything except the use of the grill and the headlights in this car...gives it a guppy look.
aren't guppies s'posed to be cuter than catfish?

..."a chop is a wish your heart makes"