There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Default 2015/16 Audi A4

next A4 sedan spied on a transportation truck
Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I have a brave prediction - it will look like an Audi A4. With slightly revised shapes of lights and grille angles
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I have a brave prediction - it will look like an Audi A4. With slightly revised shapes of lights and grille angles
You are the Audi Whisperer! I agree
Old 01-07-2014, 04:54 PM

There is something odd about it:

The current A4 is based on the MLB (opposite to the MQB) which means longitudinally-mounted engines. MLB-based cars have a visual gap between the front tyre and the front door, which makes the car look almost like a rear-wheel-drive car. On these spyshots however, that gap appears to be as small as on a MQB Volkswagen. Are they really settling back to MQB? Or is this a different car than the next A4? One can mount Audi wheelcaps on any car. And if they hide this prototype in thick sheets, why would they leave the wheelcaps uncovered?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the future View Post
There is something odd about it:

The current A4 is based on the MLB (opposite to the MQB) which means longitudinally-mounted engines. MLB-based cars have a visual gap between the front tyre and the front door, which makes the car look almost like a rear-wheel-drive car. On these spyshots however, that gap appears to be as small as on a MQB Volkswagen. Are they really settling back to MQB? Or is this a different car than the next A4? One can mount Audi wheelcaps on any car. And if they hide this prototype in thick sheets, why would they leave the wheelcaps uncovered?
I did notice the proportions too, but if you inspect closely, you see that the "cab forward -MQB" impression is mostly because the fabric sheet that the camo is, is actually way ahead of the real windshield, which is at least 10cm behind it at the top, at less rakish, so at the base probably 25cm behind what we see. So, after all, proportions more resembling the current A4, so I guess still MLB based.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:39 PM

Mule of the Audi A4 B9 using the RS4's engine, a V6 with e-Turbo technology.

http://goo.gl/TxiZYA
Old 10-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I did notice the proportions too, but if you inspect closely, you see that the "cab forward -MQB" impression is mostly because the fabric sheet that the camo is, is actually way ahead of the real windshield, which is at least 10cm behind it at the top, at less rakish, so at the base probably 25cm behind what we see. So, after all, proportions more resembling the current A4, so I guess still MLB based.
It would make LOADS of sense for the Passat, American Passat, CC, A4, and A5 to be MQB, that of course will not happen in the world of Piech.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It would make LOADS of sense for the Passat, American Passat, CC, A4, and A5 to be MQB, that of course will not happen in the world of Piech.
Nothing to add to that. As I said in another thread, MLB is a bit of a unnecessary platform, as A6 and A8 could be derived form a Panamera RWD platform (with AWD as standard probably) and A4, as you state, could well be MQB based. But yes, in Piech's world....
Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Make the A4 look like the recent TT 4 door concept. There you go Audi - you'll have a sales winner; you're welcome.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Make the A4 look like the recent TT 4 door concept. There you go Audi - you'll have a sales winner; you're welcome.
WHy make the base car overly sexy when they can call it an A5 Sportsback and sell it for more?