Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Atari car design contest - I need your help!!!

For the past 3 weeks I've been working very hard on a car design competition for the Atari game company. Atari is leaving it up to the public to vote on each design. The design that earns the highest average score will be created in the game and the designer will win $2500.

If you have time this weekend, I'd sure appreciate your vote.

Here is the website link
http://www.atari.com/tdu-contest/

Please vote a "5" for my vehicle. I am in page "2" of all the designs, and my username is "davefromin". Because the score is based on an average and not the total sum of votes, it actually helps me if you click on every other design and give them a vote of "1".

The deadline is early Sunday evening. Again, if you have some time this weekend I could really use your help. If you're short on time, please at least go to my design on page-2 and give me a score of "5". That alone should only take about 5 minutes.

I've gone through the other designs and voted a "1" on them myself. It took about 20 minutes for me to get through all of them. If you've got the time to go through all of them as well, that will bring everyone else's averages down and help me that much more.

Thanks a million for all your help, and stay in touch!
Regards,

Dave Sichtermann
davefromin@hotmail.com
davids@foammolders.com
sichtermanndesign@yahoo.com

Old 07-08-2006, 06:44 PM

I voted for you! good luck i hope you win. I fear this therad will be locked though...
Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Atari car design contest - I need your help!!! (autodesignerdave)

Quote, originally posted by autodesignerdave »
Because the score is based on an average and not the total sum of votes, it actually helps me if you click on every other design and give them a vote of "1".

That's not very fair from you. I voted for you because it is an AMAZING design, but no way i'm giving a 1 to everyone else, there are some truly good designs there.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:07 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Atari car design contest - I need your help!!! (Reppu)

Quote, originally posted by Reppu »

That's not very fair from you. I voted for you because it is an AMAZING design, but no way i'm giving a 1 to everyone else, there are some truly good designs there.

Agreed! Will vote for you as well though.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Atari car design contest - I need your help!!! (Superfresa)

You guys are right. I guess going online and voting everyone else a 1 "just because" is a little cut-throat. Thanks for the head's up. Thanks for coming and checking out my artwork as well! I can't believe how fast the viewing numbers climb in here. There really are a lot of people who visit this site!

I think I'll post more often!

Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 PM

Hey everyone. Not to be a pest, but I'm currently in 3rd place! Out of 97 entries, I'm 3rd right now. I'm gettin' pretty excited over here. The two designs that are in front of me are tight renderings, don't get me wrong. But all they did was restyle another car. I mean, if you look hard enough, you can see the cars they chopped the pieces from!

If you haven't gone onto the site yet and placed a vote, please do. I need your help to win this thing!!! Logging in takes about 10 seconds...it's a joke. You fill in a phony name, some old e-mail address you used to use, and agree to the terms. Then you're off to vote.

Please go check it out!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:16 PM

Hi everyone. I don't want to abuse this forum or anything, but I'm down to wire here and I need your help. If you read my other post about the design competition, you saw an example of what I entered. The contest ends tonight at midnight (PST).

As the contest gets closer and closer to the end, a couple of the entries have recieved WAY more votes than the rest. I keep getting e-mails back from people who've voted for my design telling me to check out those other scores. There's something going on there. They're somehow duplicating their votes. When everyone else's designs have brought in 2 or 3 hundread votes, a couple of these guys have brought in over a thousand!

Please help me defeat these cheaters by going to the site and voting for me. I need all the "5" votes I can get.
Thanks a million!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

ill be glad to vote for you =]
Old 07-10-2006, 07:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Dave please don't open any more threads about this. We've left one open here and one in th design area. all the others have been deleted.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Dave you won! Check it out! Congrats man.