CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 PM
The Pretender's Avatar
The Pretender The Pretender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The centre
Posts: 542
Default

The side to side 3th brakelight is also worring IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 PM
The Pretender's Avatar
The Pretender The Pretender is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The centre
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Agree. It doesn't say Audi.

......Why it does not look like the quattro concepts is beyond me.....
Yep, especiacally the first quattro concept.
Based on the size it could easely be build on the MQB floorplan.

Last edited by The Pretender; 05-31-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:06 PM
ndjan ndjan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 880
Default

At first, I was offended on how little it has changed.
Then we have the back to back, and I have to say, its more different than the nissan did to the z, or the volkswagen did to the beetle, or the porche did to the 911. Presuming the front end is obviously different, and the interior is good, this should be a respectable update.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:47 PM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
Yep, especiacally the first quattro concept.
Based on the size it could easely be build on the MQB floorplan.
And certainly not the 2013 Quattro Concept which looked like a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:50 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is online now
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
And certainly not the 2013 Quattro Concept which looked like a joke.
I prefer the 2013 concept by far because it has an American muscle car kind of swagger melded with the staid German design ethic that Audi uses sublimely most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:57 PM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I prefer the 2013 concept by far because it has an American muscle car kind of swagger melded with the staid German design ethic that Audi uses sublimely most of the time.
Cool.

I thought it looked too bland with questionable detailing (the creaselines over the guards) for my liking. It didn't stand out enough to be worthy of the Quattro name IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-02-2014, 02:12 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is online now
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Cool.

I thought it looked too bland with questionable detailing (the creaselines over the guards) for my liking. It didn't stand out enough to be worthy of the Quattro name IMO.
Yeah, it wasn't 100% perfect, but it showed Audi trying to step away from its "language" if even just a smidge...Heaven forbid Audi should do an RWD coupe!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Yeah, it wasn't 100% perfect, but it showed Audi trying to step away from its "language" if even just a smidge...Heaven forbid Audi should do an RWD coupe!
I liked the 2013 Quattro concept for the same reasons too. Very masculine and sporty coupe!

Their cars would be so much better if they were RWD. I mean they've always been known for making cars that could be great if it weren't for one huge flaw: understeer. It's like they're egotistically attached to FWD because making a RWD car would acknowledge that RWD is better. Even BMW and Mercedes, which have traditionally been RWD, make some FWD cars now.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is online now
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I liked the 2013 Quattro concept for the same reasons too. Very masculine and sporty coupe!

Their cars would be so much better if they were RWD. I mean they've always been known for making cars that could be great if it weren't for one huge flaw: understeer. It's like they're egotistically attached to FWD because making a RWD car would acknowledge that RWD is better. Even BMW and Mercedes, which have traditionally been RWD, make some FWD cars now.
Agreed. FWD is brilliant for smaller cars but A45678 should be RWD. Audi is being stubborn like Porsche that would rather do bizarre engineering and voodoo electronics rather than admit the 911 has the engine in the wrong place. Yeah yeah yeah they handle well, but Audis would handle better in 2 wheel drive form if they were RWD.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Swallow Doretti Swallow Doretti is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,208
Default

I find this trend of all-new cars that look exactly the same as the model they replace to be very disturbing.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy