There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2018, 06:07 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Those colour choices (matt grey)
Mercedes Benz names that color as "Designo Selenite Grey Magno" and it is the de-facto color for all EDITION 1 vehicles. This is a colour that they heavily promote if a new car is introduced for the very first time.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Evolutionary approach, just like with the CLS, I'm not convinced it's a step forward;

However, we have seen the interior, certainly very modern, but just like with many German cars, I'm worried how much of the nice touches will be gone in the normal base spec (what you see here, have no illusions, are 50k plus EUR cars); Yes, they keep the digital screens, but merely half the size both, what might look rather crap (7" main instruments!); And what it looks like in your run of the mill A160 CDI with a stickhift, materials, the different center console etc...

Altogether owners of the current car will like it, but IMO too similar to really target anyone new. ANd I'm sure it will be pricey again....
Old 02-03-2018, 11:34 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Evolutionary approach, just like with the CLS, I'm not convinced it's a step forward;

However, we have seen the interior, certainly very modern, but just like with many German cars, I'm worried how much of the nice touches will be gone in the normal base spec (what you see here, have no illusions, are 50k plus EUR cars); Yes, they keep the digital screens, but merely half the size both, what might look rather crap (7" main instruments!); And what it looks like in your run of the mill A160 CDI with a stickhift, materials, the different center console etc...

Altogether owners of the current car will like it, but IMO too similar to really target anyone new. ANd I'm sure it will be pricey again....

it is definitely really nice on the surface, but I cant believe that two lower engines get torsion beam rear suspension. Unfortunately most of the customers wont care and media will likely test only the best one.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:48 PM

What crap interior with useless screens. And beam axle rear suspension? The A Class is an overpriced Dacia with lipstick. Looks nothing like the concept.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
What crap interior with useless screens. And beam axle rear suspension? The A Class is an overpriced Dacia with lipstick. Looks nothing like the concept.
The front end is almost identical to the concept besides lighting details...not sure what you're talking about.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
T. It's a decent design for a hatch but as others pointed out it doesn't really stand out as a premium or unique design.
Need to see it in metal first, but judging from the pics it has a very low front end and stance in general - that is rather unique in this class.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Much better than before, still have some reservations though. I like the face a lot but the side looks rather indistinct, like a Golf that was left in the sun too long. The interior is quite impressive on first glance, though I wonder about some of the dash plastics.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The face is a backward step; the remainder of the design of the exterior is rather meh. Not a fan of the interior either. Mercedes seem to have lost their design mojo of late.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx View Post
it is definitely really nice on the surface, but I cant believe that two lower engines get torsion beam rear suspension. Unfortunately most of the customers wont care and media will likely test only the best one.
I guess if Golfs and Audi A3/Q2s can get away with torsion beam in lower trim, then Mercedes thinks they can too; Hey, it's git a star, so it's a premium torsion beam - like VAG friendly German magazines already having called hard plastic in VWs "premium hard plastic" (yeah, that certainly exists);

Seriously, I am form the generation where a Mercedes was still an "engineer's car", where everything was bult to last, and they chose teh best solution (like in the W124 or W140); Nowadays, this is really all show and bling, with very little actual tech behind it (two Amazon Fire 7" tablets instead of instruments are not tech), I fail to see where a base A class (the one no press fleet will ever contain) with a nearly 20 year old Renault/Dacia 1,5 dCi and a torsion beam axle is anywhere more premium than any Japanese, Korean or even Fiat's Tipo offering....
Old 04-24-2018, 03:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

https://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-...an_cn-version/

The Sedan Version for China: Mercedes-Benz A-Class L Sedan

being for China, it is of course an "L" version of the regular A-Class (not that it's 2,73m wheelbase would be particularly short by c-segment standards, quite on the contrary). New measurements are 4,6m length and 2,78 m wheelbase, or more than 1 m longer than the first generation A-Class form the late 90ies, to put that into perspective.

Engine lineup consists of the 1,33 and 2.0 petrol engines form the hatchback (obviously no Diesels in China), and you get a 7 speed DCT; I guess the rest of the world will receive a version with the regular 6 cm shorter wheelbase and length (and looking at the sideview, probably better proportions as a result)