Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2018, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

First shots (I think) of the new C-Class.

No surprises; the shape looks very much like the E-Class. Greenhouse looks a bit airer, which is nice (I miss the better sightlines of the previous gen model). 48-volt hybridization across the board, and the V6 gets axed for the I6.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...an-future-cars
Old 11-12-2018, 09:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

I guess just like the A-Class, and the upcoming S-Class, it will be a rather evolutionary take on the current (IMO nicely aging) design language; No surprises, but actually not required, given how the 3 series really didn't push the envelope, and I can now guarantee the next A4 will not surprise either (even if, like with every new model in the last 10 years, Audi will claim "but this time it is really a new design language...").
Old 11-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

I wish Mercedes would ditch the droopy trunk look and extend the trunk a bit so that the lines of the car have time to finish.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:19 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Interior spied, appears to keep three circular vents up top (one is covered) and mimic the new S Class with a tablet like setup in the middle, but with separate touch capacitive climate controls:

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/08/20...screen-layout/
Old 08-24-2019, 06:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Wonder why there are 3 sets of arrow buttons.... The engine start button is also ENORMOUS (almost comically so).

I don't like the MBUX interface, so hopefully they've put some time into making that more logical and user friendly.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Wonder why there are 3 sets of arrow buttons....
Two temperature settings on the outside, fan speed in the middle
Old 08-24-2019, 10:27 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

I hope the speedo cluster is covered in a camo shell, but I doubt it. I hate hate hate the thick raised bezel around it. Dates it immediately. I don't get why they wouldn't just laminate the surround under the glass of the screen so it's all flush, like how they're treating the infotainment console. Looks 10000x better.

VW is making the same mistake with the Golf, or at least spy shots show it this way.

Otherwise I quite like the center screen and layout.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
I hope the speedo cluster is covered in a camo shell, but I doubt it. I hate hate hate the thick raised bezel around it. Dates it immediately. I don't get why they wouldn't just laminate the surround under the glass of the screen so it's all flush, like how they're treating the infotainment console. Looks 10000x better.

VW is making the same mistake with the Golf, or at least spy shots show it this way.

Otherwise I quite like the center screen and layout.
Oh Iím 99% sure it IS covered in something. The new A Class, CLA, GLE, etc etc donít have the same surround in the higher trim levels (or in any of the GLEs). Betting this is still just pre production.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Oh Iím 99% sure it IS covered in something. The new A Class, CLA, GLE, etc etc donít have the same surround in the higher trim levels (or in any of the GLEs). Betting this is still just pre production.
But the A family have it when you don't opt for the optional 12" instruments, but go with the base 7" (for that reason, no press car will ever have the base configuration). It does look that cheap in reality, trust me; also if you get the E-Class with base analog instruments and the small 7" sat nav, the bezels are enormous and the whole thing looks incredibly cheap for a Mercedes (the base E-Class barely fits the mid management company car allowance in our company, so there are plenty of these naked trims in the garage)
Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Agreed, I mainly meant that higher trims won’t have it. I could’ve said that a little more clearly.