CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2017, 08:34 AM
The Car-man The Car-man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 182
Default 2019 Mercedes Benz B-Class

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100627483

2019 B-Class
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2017, 08:41 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,784
Default

Unlike the first gen, which kind of arrived at the Mini MPV craze, I rarely see second gen cars, so I'm surprised they keep it around. But as it seems to be driven exclusively by pensioners, and the normal A class and even the GLA are way too flat for them, i guess they keep them around for this traditional Mercedes customers. Plus, of course, as BMW reacted with their "superb" 2 Series GT, Mercedes can't simply give up on this niche....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2018, 08:00 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,784
Default

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/ne...-sleek-design/

Pensioners can rejoice, the B-Class will still be around, offer slightly elevated seating and not look too daring (yes, these small MPVs are way more sensible than those small cross overs, but in reality mostly bought by the elderly if at all..)

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/ne...-sleek-design/




Inside though a much bigger upgrade, using the now standard mercedes EBnz inetrior:

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
yes, these small MPVs are way more sensible than those small cross overs, but in reality mostly bought by the elderly if at all
I mean, potatoe potahto; they're equally as sensible. They're only really different in name only, especially considering the GLA and the upcoming GLB are essentially the same as the B Class, just styled differently.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2018, 03:07 PM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I mean, potatoe potahto; they're equally as sensible. They're only really different in name only, especially considering the GLA and the upcoming GLB are essentially the same as the B Class, just styled differently.
Technically, these MV versions are often way more spacious, and generally more practical, including some stuff like sliding seats and flat fold rear seats, generally MPV stuff that the cross overs usually don't receive; Granted, the smaller wheels and lower waist line usually makes for a way less trendy look...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2018, 03:25 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Technically, these MV versions are often way more spacious, and generally more practical, including some stuff like sliding seats and flat fold rear seats, generally MPV stuff that the cross overs usually don't receive; Granted, the smaller wheels and lower waist line usually makes for a way less trendy look...
Perhaps when comparing the B Class to the GLA, you have a point. Odds are these are incorrect when it comes to the GLB. Re: the bolded text, nearly every crossover offers those things in 2018.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy