Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2018, 06:02 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2019 Audi Q3

First pics are out:

Oddly the interior pictured doesn't have push button start, but has a traditional key insert for the ignition (as can be seen behind the steering wheel). Compared to some of their other more recent reveals (A1, A6, A7, etc)., this appears to be a little more resolved, both on the outside and the inside...but that's not saying much. Interior is still overly busy for the sake of being busy.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/20...s-sporty-side/

Last edited by pjl35; 07-24-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

beautiful, inside and out. they do a good job making a small premium SUV not look awkward like some of the competitors.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Raconteur

I like the front because it is dynamic. The tail looks 20 years old but unobtrusive. B+
Old 07-25-2018, 01:02 AM
Crazy Composer!

Looks promising! I do wish the main display was higher though. VW and Audi have a nasty habit of putting it so low that reading the map and keeping your eyes on the road are difficult to multi-task. I guess the steering driving screen will help mediate that.

Definitely love that it's taller and less "squishy" in profile.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:36 AM
CSS Veteran

Looks a hell of a lot better than the current gen (which I think is pretty cheap and awkward looking). Finally, an Audi that looks markedly better than its predecessor.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

After seeing the first pic, i didn't even realize this is a new Audi SUV; I guess fans of the current design language will appreciate it, I find the many fake vents, fake exhaust and huge amount of creases anything but classy; Proportions are better than in the current model by quite a margin, but the detailing lacks elegance. Altogether, I don't think it looks any more expensive than say a Hyundai Tucson...

Inside the positives (less shiny black plastic than in the new A6-A8) are kind of offset by the nasty looking thick frame around the touch screen (which, IMO, is mounted way too low, given how it operates nearly everything), and the few buttons left are weirdly low positioned, with the audio volume knob having an especially awkward place to rest (at least there is one).

I also find it hilarious how even a loaded press car still lacks the option of push button start (notice the standard Audi key behind the steering wheel).
Old 07-25-2018, 02:13 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post

I also find it hilarious how even a loaded press car still lacks the option of push button start (notice the standard Audi key behind the steering wheel).
Lol I said as much in the original post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:58 PM

The main screen is lower so it's closer to your hand and easier for you to move your hand from the wheel to touch it. As for having to look lower, remember the driver can instead look at the virtual cockpit.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthing View Post
The main screen is lower so it's closer to your hand and easier for you to move your hand from the wheel to touch it. As for having to look lower, remember the driver can instead look at the virtual cockpit.
The virtual cockpit can indeed show radio info and maps and navigation (though personally I tend to listen to the commands more anyway), but anything else done over the screen requires the screen, which IMO is weirdly low down, and the exact reason for Audi's swivel wheel based MMI before, so control and visual is seperated;