Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2017, 01:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Right...I never looked at it from that way.

This said - people who try to take over Chrysler tend to screw it up or it doesn't end well for them. IF H/K take them over - I sure hope that doesn't happen to them....
Old 12-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Right...I never looked at it from that way.

This said - people who try to take over Chrysler tend to screw it up or it doesn't end well for them. IF H/K take them over - I sure hope that doesn't happen to them....
The reality is that Hyundai will make sure Jeep and Ram remain cash cows. It would NOT surprise me if the Ghibli is quickly rebodied from the Genesis G80 and the Qporte a rebodied G90. Maserati cannot go on forever selling $100K+ vehicles that are Chrysler 300s underneath.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Oh -I don't doubt the logic behind it - and think it'd be a HUGE benefit to FCA.

What I'm wondering is, given Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram's track record of not playing nicely with their owners - would this actually harm Hyundai / Kia? Similar to how it harmed Daimler?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Oh -I don't doubt the logic behind it - and think it'd be a HUGE benefit to FCA.

What I'm wondering is, given Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram's track record of not playing nicely with their owners - would this actually harm Hyundai / Kia? Similar to how it harmed Daimler?
Given how in times of DaimlerChrysler Hyundai was also a bit involved (both the "world engine" - aka 2,4l Mitsubishi/Hyundai/Tigershark engine - and the Caliber et all platform were codeveloped among DC, Mitsubishi and Hyundai, though modified by each for their own application again), they should have some experience with Chrysler - though not with the worlds't most straight forward car manager, Mr. Sergio himslef - so they should no what they get into.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Raconteur

Quote:

More than likely HK would be smart enough to do a purge. It was / is Mercedes and Fiat that were difficult to deal with not Chrysler itself.