CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Oz Astra Oz Astra is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Now factor in Lexus' reliability and you have a real winner.

It's almost as if the market is putting the Mercedes S Class in a segment by itself.

Then you have the Lexus, G90, and Continental in a segment below, but desirable rides nevertheless.

Then you have the also-rans: 7 Series, A8, CT6, XJ, and Qporte.
You should be a comedian because that's some hilarious crap 😂
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-13-2017, 02:44 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Astra View Post
You should be a comedian because that's some hilarious crap 😂
100% of what I said is accurate. If you find it humorous so be it. The also-rans are (7 Series, A8, CT6, XJ, and Qporte) giving other cars the ability to gain sales.

The LS will do very well.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Reppu's Avatar
Reppu Reppu is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 3,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
100% of what I said is accurate. If you find it humorous so be it. The also-rans are (7 Series, A8, CT6, XJ, and Qporte) giving other cars the ability to gain sales.

The LS will do very well.
As usual, you neglect the very existence of other markets outside USA. G90, CT6 and Continental are not even sold here.

I will admit though that the S class destroys the others sales-wise.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-14-2017, 02:08 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
As usual, you neglect the very existence of other markets outside USA. G90, CT6 and Continental are not even sold here.

I will admit though that the S class destroys the others sales-wise.
What is or is not sold in Europe is of ZERO impact to me because it's not my market.

I can only buy what is available in this market.

The only direct knowledge I can have is of this market.

That's not ignorance or arrogance, but pure fact.

Anyone with common sense would assume that each of us here speaks from the perspective of his "home" market and therefore not need a disclaimer.

If you want to comment from the perspective of a European then do so and be heard and I look forward to your thoughts about your market.

I would never say for example, that you are wrong because you cannot buy a Continental--which plays in the size class and does so on the value end of the price class.

For me to negate your comments because I am in a different market would be illogical.

At the end of the day people should buy what makes them happy.

Last edited by swizzle; 01-14-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:27 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,845
Default

Gorgeous car. Lexus is on a roll.
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:14 AM
Reppu's Avatar
Reppu Reppu is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Madrid - Spain
Posts: 3,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
What is or is not sold in Europe is of ZERO impact to me because it's not my market.

I ...

For me to negate your comments because I am in a different market would be illogical.

At the end of the day people should buy what makes them happy.
That's fair. My apologies.

From an european perspective, the LS is barely a player here. MB has it all won without any real effort on the marketing front. BMW and Audi used to do better but they just couldn't get their current gens right to face the S class maybe because they focused too much on the driving pleasure...that may make sense in other markets, but not here. The XJ, surprisingly, can be seen more often than those two, despite being ages behind the rest in technology and gadgetry.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,330
Default

Thats good insight Reppu, I remember years ago when the flying ass-ship E65 7 series matched the S-class for sales.
__________________
I think I fell in love with a porn star
And got married in the bathroom
Honeymoon on the dance floor
And got divorced by the end of the night
Thats one Hell of a life. (K. West)

Last edited by Naga Royal Guard; 01-15-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
That's fair. My apologies.

From an european perspective, the LS is barely a player here. MB has it all won without any real effort on the marketing front. BMW and Audi used to do better but they just couldn't get their current gens right to face the S class maybe because they focused too much on the driving pleasure...that may make sense in other markets, but not here. The XJ, surprisingly, can be seen more often than those two, despite being ages behind the rest in technology and gadgetry.
As a European, don't forget the Tesla S, which in some countries sells more than S Class. It is a mistake to use sales numbers as an indicator of how good a product is. Marketing/Image plays a much more important role than the product itself. Even if the S Class was rubbish it would sell.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-16-2017, 11:18 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
As a European, don't forget the Tesla S, which in some countries sells more than S Class. It is a mistake to use sales numbers as an indicator of how good a product is. Marketing/Image plays a much more important role than the product itself. Even if the S Class was rubbish it would sell.
Indeed, for teh European market all that is true. Here also many of these cars are either bought by companies (who probably have fleet contracts with certain brands) or "VIP services", where the badge does count. At least in Austria the vastly popular S-Class mostly drives around with rental car plates. And indeed,. the Tesla S is a huge seller in that segment....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:08 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,990
Default

:sad2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
As a European, don't forget the Tesla S, which in some countries sells more than S Class. It is a mistake to use sales numbers as an indicator of how good a product is. Marketing/Image plays a much more important role than the product itself. Even if the S Class was rubbish it would sell.
it's not fair to compare S class sales to Tesla model S given it's priced and sized like a high spec E class.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy