Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 01:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2017 Buick Lacrosse

Spied by the Drone Cam from the looks of it.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...acrosse-spied/

Much sleeker and more flowing than the current model. Just nice to to see some signs of life at Buick.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Raconteur

It's essentially a Buick Impala and I like the proportions. I'm wondering if when the Cadillac LTS shows up will the Cadillac Impala go away in favor of it being a Buick. THAT would be a wise move.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

From what I'm seeing by the spy-shots, the next-generation Buick LaCrosse appears to be larger than the current/outgoing model, now more along the lines of the Chevrolet Impala and Cadillac cousins, the super-EpsilonII, where it would appear more worthy of being the flagship sedan of the Buick Division. This would also justify it to be above the Impala, but below the XTS. I would also like to see a higher-end edition of the new LaCrosse, too, with AWD and a twin-turbo 3.6L V6 upgrade.

Regarding the upcoming Cadillac "LTS" (working title), the official report states that it will slot above and will not take the place of any existing model in the Cadillac division. I felt, too, that the Cadillac XTS would have made a nice Buick flagship, but, I see it as a place in the Cadillac division, where it would be fine for the "black-car" market and it would not alienate some older, traditional Cadillac clientele. An analogy would he that what XTS is to Cadillac, ES is to Lexus. Also, the XTS Vsport is sweet with the AWD and the twin-turbo 3.6L V6. It's funny, for I frequently thought and said that the Cadillac XTS would have made a fine Buick flagship, and now the next-LaCrosse is going to be closer to the XTS, but would have it's unique personality and design-language.

Speaking if the LTS, looking at it's test-mule spy-shots, the sedan appears huge! Just looking at the mass, the length of the hood and the wheelbase, and even the rear, and that has to have 20" wheels, It looks to be more sized around the ballpark of a Rolls-Royce Ghost, between the regular and LWB version, and greater than the overall 205" of the Ciel and the Elmiraj concepts. It appears larger than the LWB versions of Mercedes-Benz S-Class (not the upcoming Maybach variant), BMW 7-Series, Jaguar XJ, Audi A8 and Maserati Quattroporte, which is generally it's competition. The (current) Hyundai Equus and Kia K900 are sized comparibly to the XTS (and, likely, the next LaCrosse). Perhaps Cadillac, here, may have a plan of sizing it's flagship significantly above the mentioned competition as it's advantage over the others for more stateliness, just my guess. While were on this, some reports indicated that to justify development costs of the Omega platform, which will base the LTS, other vehicles may be developed off of it, perhaps a larger crossover/SUV for Cadillac to bridge the gap between the (next) SRX (reported to be larger, perhaps a third-row), and the Escalade, or a large, RWD Buick flagship sedan to even slot above the upcoming new LaCrosse. This is speculation, but, time will tell.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It's no Avenir, but still very slick:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news
Old 01-22-2015, 01:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caarmike View Post
It's no Avenir, but still very slick:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news
Looks very promising so far! I love the wheels.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Raconteur

Very obviously the Avenir was styled after the Lacrosse because while the proportions of the prototype are decent, it still has that inoffensive, Camry-nice feel to its greenhouse. It could definitely use some swagger.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:06 PM
CSS Oldtimer

It's hard to tell, is there an Avenir-esque grille under there?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:00 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
It's hard to tell, is there an Avenir-esque grille under there?
The Cascada has an "Avenir-esque" grille already...sort of in that the bar across with the Buick emblem is present.

Last edited by swizzle; 01-23-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The Cascada has an "Avenir-esque" grille already...sort of in that the bar across with the Buick emblem is present.
Eh, kind of. I meant the waterfall/bar combo. The Cascada is just the existing Opel grille with a Buick badge. Some other shots I saw of the Lacrosse yesterday on WCF suggest just a plain old waterfall.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501228...ape-in-new-spy
Old 01-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Raconteur

How utterly sad