Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
CSS Veteran

THey already do that in Korea with the Accent. YOu can find them at airports.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (2003gliguy)

The people at the training events know nothing of future development plans, let alone drivetrain layouts. THey are told what they need to know to their job and that's it. If someone told you that, they were guessing or hoping, or they read internet forums of people doing the same.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:32 AM

Can you imagine Toyota, Nissan, Ford, GM and DCX without truck businesses? For some, profits from their truck businesses alone literally sustain them. Is Hyundai too filthy rich from their car and SUV businesses that they can careless about trucks?
Sure, the truck business may be risky but so are the car and SUV businesses. I am just having difficulty understanding why trucks can not be a part of Hyundai's NA operation after all these years.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:52 AM
CSS Veteran

Toyota would be just fine without their trucks, and I imagine Nissan would be as well. Hyundai is putting more into CUV (Veracruz, Santa Fe, Tucson, future crossover) because the market is heavy in that, and projections show that doing nothing but growing. Detroit couldn't live without their's because that really all they have. Import cars could hardly ever be considered risky because people love them and buy them droves. I am putting faith in Krafcik on this one. He's been done this road before. Everyone thinks they need a truck, but what they don't realize is that the truck market is the only market the domestics have a strangle hold on. At this point, it would be having a truck just to say you have a truck. Right Mitzu?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: (megadethmartyr)

Quote, originally posted by megadethmartyr »
The people at the training events know nothing of future development plans, let alone drivetrain layouts. THey are told what they need to know to their job and that's it. If someone told you that, they were guessing or hoping, or they read internet forums of people doing the same.

So when they spoke about the future products to the whole group they were not speaking information that was accurate? I would not think Hyundai would allow such misinformation considering they are representing HMA at these events.
By the way in Dec 2002 there was a 6 speed 4cyl pre-production Tib at the Ride and drive for us to preview and obviously that never made production.
I trust this information way before anything else on the intarrweb since this info was first hand

Old 08-18-2006, 05:50 AM
CSS Veteran

I have seen that Tib. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are completely inaccurate, but if you've been with Hyundai for any strech of time, which it seems you have, you know that any info, especially this early, is guessing and hoping. There isn't even a car built for testing yet. The engine rating I don't doubt at all. The 3.8L is extremely flexible, similar to to Nissan's 3.5L. I wouldn't call it misinformation, not at all, I would call it a public wish list.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:51 AM

I have seen that Tib. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are completely inaccurate, but if you've been with Hyundai for any strech of time, which it seems you have, you know that any info, especially this early, is guessing and hoping. There isn't even a car built for testing yet. The engine rating I don't doubt at all. The 3.8L is extremely flexible, similar to to Nissan's 3.5L. I wouldn't call it misinformation, not at all, I would call it a public wish list.

I dont' post hear say so let's get back on topic

Old 08-21-2006, 05:54 PM

Toyota would be just fine without their trucks, and I imagine Nissan would be as well. Hyundai is putting more into CUV (Veracruz, Santa Fe, Tucson, future crossover) because the market is heavy in that, and projections show that doing nothing but growing. Detroit couldn't live without their's because that really all they have. Import cars could hardly ever be considered risky because people love them and buy them droves. I am putting faith in Krafcik on this one. He's been done this road before. Everyone thinks they need a truck, but what they don't realize is that the truck market is the only market the domestics have a strangle hold on. At this point, it would be having a truck just to say you have a truck. Right Mitzu?

You are using the term "truck" to cover the classic pee-cup or all trucks as classified including Esuvees and minivans? If the broader sense, I don't think the empirical evidence backs that up. Read in August caranddriver, Toyota has doubled their NA sales since 1995. Truck percentage went from 26 to 48 percent of their sales. Yoder ain't in it just to say the do that's for sure.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (abes_cw)

Quote, originally posted by abes_cw »
You are using the term "truck" to cover the classic pee-cup or all trucks as classified including Esuvees and minivans? If the broader sense, I don't think the empirical evidence backs that up. Read in August caranddriver, Toyota has doubled their NA sales since 1995. Truck percentage went from 26 to 48 percent of their sales. Yoder ain't in it just to say the do that's for sure.

Erm........what????

Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 PM

If there must be some future obstacles for Hyundai's trucks to overcome in NA market they must face them sooner rather than later.
By the time Hyundai is ready to introduce their trucks some years later Toyota may have the dominance that Hyundai just can't fight back in terms of technology, quality and styling. You all know the simple formula for Toyota's continuous success is simply make their products just slightly ahead of their adversaries in sophistication. No matter how reliable or affordable Hyundais may be in these days close-enough is not good enough. They've got to be better to win the hearts of consumers.
The longer they wait on their truck business initiation the farther behind they will be. If Hyundai is successful in impressing the truck critics with their first truck I think their trucks will sell themselves.