FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: (knicks125)

In NA or globally?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Default Re: (the1)

OlsenHyundai1 and megadethmartyr, it puzzles me how 2 grown and mature people, which I assume is what you both are can act like children on a forum. If neither of you can post like a mature adult, don't post at all.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: (megadethmartyr)

Quote, originally posted by mzoltarp »
We ought to given that for all intents and purposes they are now one company.

Mega- I have worked for both Hyundai and Kia since 1997 and have seen the change from Kia as we knew them to Kia owned, developed, built, and engineered by HKAG. These car are co developed by ONE company HKAG.

Sorry for the bad comparison but they have developed some vehicles just like GM does in Chevy Tahoe VS. Cadillac Escalade.

As far as the claim Hyundai people build the Entourage and Kia does not, well take look at the Chevy Aveo and Suzuki Forenza. It says manufactured by GM Daewoo Auto Technica LTD. So I guess Suzuki guys build the Forenza and Daewoo builds the KDM car???

Anyone who thinks Hyundai and Kia are like that then we better get ready for failure because they can not be in business and make money building cars like that. They are the SAME we are not talking Mercedes and Chrysler here!!! They share everything for R & D to assembly!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: (the1)

I think that is early for a NA debut. Probably closer to beginning of 08.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
CSS Veteran

I don't know how many different ways I can say it but Hyundai's are not in any way, shape or form made by Kia. Good grief, I assure you I'm not throwing that out like a thought or an opinion. I was TELLING. AS IN PRIOR KNOWLEDGE. Crap, who cares....
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: (megadethmartyr) What a long, strange trip it's been......

Hey Mega:

Can you explain how a Nebraska based metal-head like yourself (read: young) has been able to travel from somewhere in Nebraska to Korea, and then inside the KIA plant in Korea, as well as other Hyundai plants?

Since most of the imported Hyundai/KIAs have about 3% domestic content in them, it seems somewhat unlikely that you work for some kind of U.S. based supplier. You *might*, but the odds just seem stacked against you.

Also... can you give us some *specific* examples of defectst that KIA let "slip by" , and some that Hyundai stopped the line for?

What you're saying could all be well and true, but I'm a big subscriber to the the Reagan philosophy of "Trust... but verify".

My 2004.5 Spectra's been rock-solid and nearly defect free over 30k miles and almost 3 years. If that's "shoddy build quality", I'll TAKE it over my previous experience with Fords!

-SM

Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (megadethmartyr) What a long, strange trip it's been...... (SpectraMan)

Let's not call anyone 'metal-heads'. In fact, megadethmartyr works for Hyundai Corporate. I think that answers your question. So there's no surprise that he's been to all these plants and previewd the Veracruz months before we got to see it.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

CaymanS is right. Personal attacks have no place in this forum.

Okay, these discussions do not belong in here, either take it off the forums and discuss in private or start another thread. I'd suggest the former.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: (knicks125) Credential checking....

Quote, originally posted by knicks125 »
CaymanS is right. Personal attacks have no place in this forum.

Okay, these discussions do not belong in here, either take it off the forums and discuss in private or start another thread. I'd suggest the former.

My final word(s) on this, and then I'll drop it.

Since when is it a "personal attack" to simply challenge one's somewhat far-fetched sounding credentials when they have blatantly disparaged another brand of car?

C'mon.... I defined the term 'metal-head' as a reference that Mega must be somewhat on the younger side of the age spectrum. He's quite forthright with his hobby/career(?) on here, so I simply mentioned it. The term 'metal-head' is usually somewhat a term of endearment in that crowd from what I remember. And the main reason I brought up age in the first place was to wonder how someone young enough to still be in a band could have the time to fly around Korea working in Hyundai factories.

And that aside, again why is it wrong to simply challenge one's credentials a bit to establish the reliability of their opinions? I'm sorry that I'm not privvy to the obvious long standing community knowledge base on here that Mega works for "Hyundai Corporate". I live in Detroit, so pardon my skepticism and hesitance to accept that a metal guitarist from Nebraska has flown around Korea and seen and worked in all/some of their factories. If he said he was from the West Coast somewhere, I'd be a bit more inclined to accept it at face value. Hyunda/KIA's design center is in California, and their North American Tech Center (HATCI) is here in Ann Arbor MI. I'm not aware of a Hyundai Corporate outpost anywhere in Nebraska, unless Mega works for some NE-based contractor, which IS quite possible I admit. I also admit that it's possible that he has moved to either California or Alabama somewhere in the recent past to work for Hyundai OR he works for some kind of engineering firm that supports the Alabama plant. He could also be a Hyundai regional dealer or parts/service rep too. But if that was the case, I would still have to question his manufacturing/engineering "street cred" a bit. Maybe he can share here a enough of a description of his role to protect his confidentiallity but still satiate our "inquiring minds".

Bottom line: Since Mega made some pretty serious claims about KIA, I was simply attempting to establish the legitimacy of his ability to make those claims. I still haven't really seen any concrete facts from anyone to support him. I still hope that some are forthcoming.

If his claims about KIA ARE correct and still accurate, then I encourage him to contact "Schnauzer" over at the kia-forums.com website and have some private conversations with him. "Schnauzer" is purportedly an ex-Nissan employee who is fairly highly placed within KIA. He is an active participant in many threads at kia-forums.com. I'm sure that Schnauzer would be interested in knowing where KIA's slacking when compared to Hyundai. Schnauzer has been very adamant that KIA is very serious and motivated when it comes to improving quality and dealer/customer relations.

I'm not trying to start any 'sh-t' here..... but I do like sticking to verifiable facts. My apologies to Mega if he's completely legit and takes any offense to this.

-SM

Modified by SpectraMan at 6:53 AM 1/5/2007

Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
CSS Veteran

Don't worry about it. I am absolutely a metal head. It's a compliment if you ask me! Okay, I'm going to clear some things up real quick. I work indirectly for Hyundai. I am the last step call for consumer affairs. I do have some high up blackberry #'s in my PDA. Basically if you have a question or concern that they can't handle, it comes to me. I do currently work out of a Hyundai store in Nebraska. I do on site training and assist on Hyundai's behalf with store sales. I also am used to assist in dealer issues and new Hyundai points. I do get a check from a dealer. Trips to Korea are always training trips, pay your own way, Hyundai pays for the stay. I don't mind anyone questioning me if it's a legitimate question. That's how we expand understanding. I would point out my track record since I have posted on these forums. I have been impressed with the interest with Hyundai which is why I decided to post here. The things I noticed while watching the vans was nothing mechanical. It's ALL fit and finish. Jacked up trim pieces and the like. Don't get me wrong, Kia is doing better, but they did get a little lazy at times. It takes quite a bit to offend me ( actually, there's only one guy on here that truly pisses me off with ignorance), so no worries on any of that. I always welcome any questions I can answer, and I won't comment on those that I can't answer. Anything I can comment on I will comment to the fullest extent I can. I will say this, I would question anyone that claims to be a high up person posting on forums. The Koreans aren't real cool with that. Hope that clears some things up. Don't ever hesitate to ask me any questions. I get a kick out of it sometimes. \m/

edit:
Almost forgot. I do not work at Hyundai corporate. They are in Claifornia I am not.