Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (StevenZoz)

Well, here's an update on our car shopping:

Long story short, we ruled the Tribeca out of the picture altogether. My parents said that the 2007 (which is what they were going to buy) didn't drive as well as the 2008. Plus, the more they thought about it, it was too small and impractical for our needs.

So, it is with great pleasure I announce that today we're trading in our 2002 Highlander for a 2008 Highlander Sport! It's Salsa Red with grey leather interior, pretty much fully loaded. It stickered for 38k, and we were able to get it down to 33k because they matched the prices of carsdirect.com (great site by the way, and very friendly staff). We're picking it up on Wednesday, so I'll give y'all a general review and upload pics ASAP.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

which specs does ur current highlander have?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote, originally posted by StevenZoz »

i wish i wouldve gotten something besides black, as well, but mine was the only 07 & 08 coupe in stock so i just took it cuz it had everything else i wanted.
No way, Black is THE BEST color on G6's by Far. That Steel Blue that GM makes is a close second as well.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:11 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote, originally posted by StevenZoz »
which specs does ur current highlander have?

Well, it's a pretty basic model...4-cylinder producing 155hp, FWD. The only options are a roof rack (which we didn't use once), aftermarket leather (HORRIBLE move...our new car will have factory leather), and a simulated wood package (also awful move; it's been falling apart since day 1). Our 02 had a lot of rebates on it, so that's why we bought it. Our new 2008 is a BIIIG step up from our 2002 to say the least.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

finally some decent pics of my civic...i got the windows tinted 20%, and tinted part of my tail lights.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (TL)

Just picked up the new Highlander! It drives SO much more smoothly than our 2002, and it's SO much more luxurious. I'll try to have pics up by the weekend.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 AM

Awesome! I think you'll love it! When I was at the dealer in town for work experience I 'unwrapped' and prepared all the brand new Klugers for sale, and even the base model is so luxurious. Heaps nicer than the previous generation. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: (darthur)

went to the auto expo today at the nassau mausoleum. my parents wanted to conform a list of sorts for the next car. as of right now they are feeling
1)subaru tribeca
2)acura mdx (i was shocked they picked this, because of the price and all is a tad out of range)
3) hyundai veracruz
4) mazda cx9

my dad particularly didnt like any of the lambdas because of how the driver seat felt and the center console buttons were small and low down. he thought it was weird that the some of the controls that should be mounted on a shifter behind the steering wheel (e.g. windshield wiper controls and others that are on the right lever) were buttons instead. i dont know why he didnt like the mazda as much. him and my mom kept saying how they didnt like it but they never said why...

we really couldnt realistically see how much legroom was in each, because one of the first things we sat in was the LS460L which has an unbelievable back seat, so we stupidly kept comparing it that because we couldnt get out of our heads.

they had the bumble bee camaro there. it sucked though because it was a mock-up, so some pieces looked a little loose, etc.

what else...uhhh Infinite EX looks worlds better in person and in dark colors. was really shocked at how small it is. seemed smaller than the matrix albeit higher up. Audi S5 is amazing in person (and in red).

No - against the wall
Old 03-15-2008, 04:52 PM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY
Question

I may be purchasing a new (well, newer) Saab later.

It's a 1996 GM 900 5dr in a dark red. Personalised number plate and pretty near mint bodywork.

The problem... the head gasket has gone and the actual head may be cracked.

It's mine for 50 if I want it.

I'm thinking of gambling and getting this. I reckon if I broke it for spares i'd make a few hundred s. Maybe I could sort the engine and sell the car as a whole. Similar 900s of that year are going for 400-500. Don't know how much needs to be spent on it though to get it roadworthy again.

What do you reckon guys? Go for it and try and make some easy money? Or is it too much hassle? The number/license plate may be worth a little.

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

50???? WOW!!!!