Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 PM

What the h@## is a Donkenvoort?! I'm sure there are one-off cars that can beat these numbers, but I would feel safer doing it in a Blue Devil. Not these other kit cars.

Modified by StuckInNYForever at 6:13 PM 9/8/2005
Old 09-09-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: (StuckInNYForever)

Yeah, i'd like to know that too, 'cause this is what you get when serching with google for that car: Your search - Donkenvoort RS270 - did not match any documents.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:54 AM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (TycoonGTR)

I'm 100% sure it does own the track record.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: (TycoonGTR)

That is Donkervoort not Donkenvoort...
Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Same thing - not much info. It looks like a death trap kit car which will probably not be street legal in the US. Anyone can throw a 500HP engine in a go-kart to see what happens. Hell, the Z06 might as well drop A/C, ABS, air bags, etc to pick up some speed. Until this thing is in direct comparison tests with Porsche, Ferrari, etc, I will ignore it. Saleen and Mosler have legitimate cars on sale to the public that have been recognized. Donkervoort has a ways to go.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: (Redline)

Quote, originally posted by Redline »
I wouldn't call the Viper's interior horrible, just minimalist. But this topic isn't about that, it's about the "blue devil" which ought to be an amazing performer. This thing should kill most supercars for cheap. It is going to be a monster that easily merits a $100,000 or greater price tag simply on performance alone. Just think, this will kill the Ford GT for about 50 grand less, and probably kill the Carrera GT for multiple hundred grand less. That is what the higher price tag is for.

I cant wait untill someone has the balls to actually open the GT's true potential and twin turbo it to about 1300hp on stock internals, its hardly breaking a sweat stock. Everyone who tests them says the GT could take a ton more power with no problem. Its still a hopped up corvette no matter what the numbers add up too. Ferrari owners do not sweat modded Sti's that beat them in the 1/4 mile either. I wonder how the blue devil will stack up against the 1000hp viper in this monts R&T magazine.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (kevinb120)

A tuner can proceed to add 400 more horsepower to the Blue Devil to test against this 1000hp Viper if you want fairness. Then lets see. But, the Blue Devil will be a factory supercar with a 3 year warranty backed by Chevrolet, unlike the 1000hp Viper.

This Blue Devil to some may not be considered a "Supercar" due to less exclusivity, but its price isn't in "Supercar" territory either. It's simply a factory built car that can beat "Supercars" in almost all performance categories. If Chevy wants to sell the car for $300,000+, then would that classify it as a real "Supercar"?!. The Blue Devil just has everything a supercar should have, but more accessible to average people.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:20 PM

Quote, originally posted by StuckInNYForever »
Same thing - not much info. It looks like a death trap kit car which will probably not be street legal in the US. Anyone can throw a 500HP engine in a go-kart to see what happens. Hell, the Z06 might as well drop A/C, ABS, air bags, etc to pick up some speed. Until this thing is in direct comparison tests with Porsche, Ferrari, etc, I will ignore it. Saleen and Mosler have legitimate cars on sale to the public that have been recognized. Donkervoort has a ways to go.

Donkervoort is very ligitimate and widely recognized as the record holder for the Nurburgring because they actually do hold it. You can choose to ignore it if you want, but you'll have a hard time ignoring it when one blows your doors off on the street. They may not sell them in the US, but if they did they would surely be low-production kits like Caterhams and thusly slide below the street legality radar. These things could easily and legally make it onto US streets if they wanted to sell them here.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall
Default Re: (Redline)

how come no one has brought up that the pics of the car testing on nurburgring are NOT the blue devil, but actually for a test done by motortrend in its sept 05 issue. the pictures of it in the issue are of the same exact car with the 3 hole front spoiler. The test was done by jan magnusson or w/e on the nordschleife part of nurburgring for the test.

No - against the wall
Old 04-08-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: (yanksrule26)

edit: false information

Modified by SOLAR at 9:57 PM 4/9/2006

Closed Thread