Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 09:02 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Indeed. The entire Jaguar line is pretty devoid of Jaguarness with the exception of the F Type.
I tink the Xe in irght trim and the F-Pace look quite good as well (on the outside)- in a modern Jaguare way -, but especially the XF sedan is super generic (the estate is a lot better, but not that Jag like as well).

My biggest gripe with Jags though is the rather generic interior, that really isn't up to the game visually; They need to totally reinvent their interiors, and yes, bring back some wood and real metal, though in a modern treatment way. That piano black, carbon fiber etc dark theme might work for the Germans (and even tehre I find it depressing), but a Jag should be more interesting inside....
Old 02-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I tink the Xe in irght trim and the F-Pace look quite good as well (on the outside)- in a modern Jaguare way -, but especially the XF sedan is super generic (the estate is a lot better, but not that Jag like as well).

My biggest gripe with Jags though is the rather generic interior, that really isn't up to the game visually; They need to totally reinvent their interiors, and yes, bring back some wood and real metal, though in a modern treatment way. That piano black, carbon fiber etc dark theme might work for the Germans (and even tehre I find it depressing), but a Jag should be more interesting inside....
For me the line is either ugly as sin (XJ) or generic (the rest). The F Type stands out. I agree with you about the interiors. Senility has reached Callum and no one has guts to fire him.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
My biggest gripe with Jags though is the rather generic interior, that really isn't up to the game visually.
I prefer Jaguar's generic yet clean interior, than German's pseudo-design interior with "quality gaps īnī cracks" everywhere.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I prefer Jaguar's generic yet clean interior, than German's pseudo-design interior with "quality gaps īnī cracks" everywhere.
My main problem is, that compared to earlier times, the modern jaguar interiors look too German for me.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Actually, you prefer just to be contrary.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Actually, you prefer just to be contrary.
If you say so, at least it works for me, in a world where every person tries to be different and ends up being the same.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
It's very nice, but there is nothing distinctly "Jaguar" about it (from what I can see). It looks like a lifted hatchback (i.e., like a more sophisticated version of a Mercedes GLA).
Whilst the proportions are all new - there's no engine at the front after all - I think it will look Jaguar enough when the camo comes off.
When I saw the concept in the metal it did look more of an BMW X4 or Audi A4 sportsback (raised) rather than a Discovery Sport competitor. Its virtually the same size as an (2018/19) X4 but with interior space of an X5

I agree with most here regarding Jaguar interiors of late. Again glimpses of the I-Pace production interior look as if Jaguar has taken the criticism on board. As a lot of the interior comes from the Range Rover Velar I have high hopes of something quite luxurious & special

The production car is being shown to deposit placers over the next couple of weeks prior to the launch on the 1st March - so it will be interesting to see if they are able to keep a lid on it until then
Old 02-27-2018, 01:07 AM

Link to live reveal 19.00 CET March 1st

Orders and configuration web site open immediately after launch.

https://youtu.be/gpyh-4q661g