Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
CSS Veteran

VexedandGlorious is on a distinguished road

It is quite a nice design dom, one of my favorite Quimeras.
my only problem is the rear shoulder and rockerpanel surfacing is hard to read. Im not too sure whats going on. It is very nice though.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

looks brilliant domino, but then it would be world-ending if it were anything less. your rendering skills are great, and the design is really nice too.

however, i don't think it's a good match-up against the 3-series, A4, c-class, IS etc crowd; it really looks rather more like a more sophisticated, RWD, STi rival (or alternatively, a hardcore M3-rivaling version of a 3er/A4-type car). with a more toned-down fascia (though don't get me wrong, the one you've done looks great) and less evo/STi-esque wheels i think it would be a more suitable BMW rival than it currently is; still, it's a great design as always, and definitely a car i would drive (in 2.4L twin-clutch, wagon form please).

Last edited by SV; 12-22-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedandGlorious View Post
It is quite a nice design dom, one of my favorite Quimeras.
my only problem is the rear shoulder and rockerpanel surfacing is hard to read. Im not too sure whats going on. It is very nice though.
Thanks V&G!! Sorry about the poorly-defined surfaces. I'll have to work on that. I guess it's one of those things that "made sense in my mind." Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
As always, it's a stunnning design, and a credit to the designer. ;)
Striking, sleek, and as near-perfect as it's possible to get.
For a bit of constructive criticism, though, I'll back knihc up on his comment. Lose a couple of air vents and it'd be PERFECTO! :)
Thanks Cos Point taken; maybe I overdid it, but I just can't help myself! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
looks brilliant domino, but then it would be world-ending if it were anything less. your rendering skills are great, and the design is really nice too.

however, i don't think it's a good match-up against the 3-series, A4, c-class, IS etc crowd; it really looks rather more like a more sophisticated, RWD, STi rival (or alternatively, a hardcore M3-rivaling version of a 3er/A4-type car). with a more toned-down fascia (though don't get me wrong, the one you've done looks great) and less evo/STi-esque wheels i think it would be a more suitable BMW rival than it currently is; still, it's a great design as always, and definitely a car i would drive (in 2.4L twin-clutch, wagon form please).
Sorry for the late reply SV. Thanks for the feedback. I suppose you nailed it in the sense that yes, this is intended as a bit more of an "extreme" alternative to the aforementioned 3er, IS, et al. It was the same way with the Velero/Super Velero, as Quimera is committed to exploiting a niche in that market that the more conservative competitors simply can't satisfy. That's our "hook," in a sense; our raison d'Ítre. In that sense, I suppose the Abante is indeed intended to slot between the European stalwarts and the Evo/STi duo. I'm okay with that :grintoothless:

Thanks for the comments, all! Sorry I didn't see the past few.