Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't say it has any korean influences, I don't see any hyundai genesis in it, nor any other korean car styling, and as Vormund mentioned it does seem to hark back to the older E class from the 90s which if you ask me, was and still is a fine and solid merc (see the 5th gear special about the car, it's practically a tank).

And as Cozz mentioned, like the S class this probably will look better in person.

I myself am still not liking the quad fog lights, leave that for brabus or the LED ones, would have prefered something more normal in shape but with LEDs inside of it.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:42 PM

2fastdre is on a distinguished road

I am not sure how to put it into words. I will try... The new E class looks too busy up front and has a Korean look in the back - in my opinion.

When I said that I like more "traditional" german design - I meant cars like: MK4 Jetta and Golf, 2005-08 A6 and A8, latest S-class, 2010 Z4, etc. There is something simple and elegant in those designs, and I am disappointed about how the new E turned out.

2FastDre.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM

iMac Daddy is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, but after viewing the hi-res images of the new Buick LaCrosse, this new E-Class already looks somewhat dated, especially the interior. How did Mercedes exterior designs go from smooth and swoopy to busy, blocky, and hard edged? There's definitely an exterior design disconnect between the CLS / S-Class / R-Class / SLK / ML and the GL / GLK / C-Class / New E-Class. I seriously hope they come up with some better designs with the next CLS, S-Class, ML, and SLK.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Ford Verve Concept

Hornbag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlair View Post
I don't agree. In fact, I think this looks more German than the current roundy blob of a mess.
To give to car it's due, it does look very German. Aggreed.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road

Ditto that as well. And i will say this again, love it or hate it, this is probably the only car in its segment that looks proper Limousine in the classic sense. The 5-Series, XF and A6 are much more athletic, contemporary designs but this E-Class screams luxury and presence and i am sure that it will appeal to most 50+ people out there as well as the unavoidable hordes of Taxi drivers in Europe. Its pretty evident that Mercedes did not think the car should appeal to younger buyers and why would it anyways? They have enough models in their line-up to appeal to all types of customer

MAKE
MINE
FORD

Last edited by CosworthKid; 01-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

the1 is on a distinguished road

I hate the way it looks in these pics. It screams Cheap TAXI.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:33 PM

shiakas_ is on a distinguished road

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6...ass2009cb7.jpg

Does anyone prefer the rear like this?

Last edited by shiakas_; 01-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

the1 is on a distinguished road

no improvement imo.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Mercedes must think that the portly look of the Maybach was styling genius. First they inflict the saggy/flabby look onto the S and now the E looks like someone asked "If we tried to make saggy/flabby look athletic what would we do?" and someone answered "Make it busy looking." Why the E has to have the 4 headlight look is beyond me. Faired in lights alone would be a huge improvement to the nose. The equally silly star on the hood is so 1976 Ford Granada. Granted Ford aped Mercedes and others followed with the hood ornament boom in the late 70's, but this looks equally silly. The Mercedes star as a part of the grille would have been a lot more sleek. The back isn't wrong so much as it is plain.

To Mercedes buyers, this will be a 10/10 and all I can say is that if I could easily afford a car in this range, I'd be thanking the Supreme Being for BMW, Audi, Genesis, and Jaguar.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

IcedG35 is on a distinguished road

in all fairness, very few cars look that great in base model form with tiny wheels (especially in white), no exhaust showing, and pictures that look more like computer renderings.