Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

I will say, I've driven several of these. They are pretty dynamically poor, noisy, and unpleasant to drive, but they are very cheap to buy and run and pretty spacious for being a very small car.

I also haven't really heard of any glaring quality or reliability issues on them either. Mitsubishi also offers a very competitive warranty, 5 years, 60k miles bumper to bumper, and 10/100k powertrain. And Mitsubishi is offering a lot of discounts, and they're easy to get financing for.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I will say, I've driven several of these. They are pretty dynamically poor, noisy, and unpleasant to drive, but they are very cheap to buy and run and pretty spacious for being a very small car.
Thing is, not everyone is a petrol head or drives cars dynamically on twisty roads, some - especially elder folks - don't even drive on motorways. Urban runabouts like this need for many just to be cheap to buy and maintain, reliable and spacious, and the Mirage will tick the boxes, if you are willing to compromise in areas you don't use.....
Old 11-07-2019, 10:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Thing is, not everyone is a petrol head or drives cars dynamically on twisty roads, some - especially elder folks - don't even drive on motorways. Urban runabouts like this need for many just to be cheap to buy and maintain, reliable and spacious, and the Mirage will tick the boxes, if you are willing to compromise in areas you don't use.....
Eh, by dynamically poor, I don't just mean bad handling. It also has bad freeway manners as well, feeling darty and easily blown around at 65-70MPH in ways that cars even like the Chevy Spark or Fiat 500 aren't. It makes a Toyota Yaris feel like a Lotus Elise. But you're right, for someone who has to have something new, the Mirage isn't a horrible option from the cost and reliability standpoint.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:58 AM
_

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
Eh, by dynamically poor, I don't just mean bad handling. It also has bad freeway manners as well, feeling darty and easily blown around at 65-70MPH in ways that cars even like the Chevy Spark or Fiat 500 aren't. It makes a Toyota Yaris feel like a Lotus Elise. But you're right, for someone who has to have something new, the Mirage isn't a horrible option from the cost and reliability standpoint.
Having driven one for 300 miles on a high way trip (averaging 85 MPH) I fully agree with the entirety of the statement.

But I'll also say that a Lotus Elise can be a terrible highway cruiser as it's small and short too. Of course, highway use is the exact opposite of it's very focused intention. Cheers!

Eiffel Tower Power

Last edited by Naga Royal Guard; 11-08-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/fa...ll-no-lookers/

Here it is, with - as expected - mostly a new front end and slightly revised rear;

Mitsubishi claims also now soft touch materials inside, at least the fabric instead of plastic on the door cards looks okay.

Old 11-22-2019, 01:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

Well, for once that is a nice facelift from Mitsu