Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road

Regardless of how you feel about the final product, I can't wait to see how it turned out.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

ClunBB9 is on a distinguished road

Alright here goes nothing, here is my trans 2 final:

I learned quite a bit this past semister. I learned a lot of new things as well as things that I will never do. I guess it also comes down to time, without time, everything was rushed and heart was never put in. For example, the tape drawing was done in 4 hours which would usually have taken 3-4 days. The clay was changed because of suggestions made by too many people. In the end, my midterm design was MUCH better and more well recieved by professors and other classmates. Even I liked it, now looking at my final, I didn't at all.

Last edited by ClunBB9; 05-31-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

It's fine man, it reminds me of the older E39 almost in the roofline and glasshouse, the only thing I would have changed is the front and rear lights, the rear lights are too small, which I am sure you noticed as well, and the front lights, somehow they need to be with twin units inside each light. Regardless, great effort. I am sure the work was not easy and took a lot of patience, time and major effort. Excellent work.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 AM
GOD made man 2 mak LAMBOS

LamboMan is on a distinguished road

:shock2:WOW !! ClunBB9 you have AMAZING skill !!! Your designs and sketches are just super cool ! Im so awestruck coz i wanna be an automobile engineer and you are already there!
Could you please tell me what undergrad and postgrad courses i should take in engineering so that i can get into this line. I mean something that offers studies on both, the design and pure engineering aspects of a car. Im 16 and in the 12th grade. Also could you tell me which exams i would need to take coz im not a US citizen...actually i live in India.
I know you are doing transportation design and i had that in mind....so mostly i would like to know what undergrad courses you did......and if you could recommend some good colleges/universities then i would be grateful. Coz i haven't been able to find much info on such things and im really confused right now!:sad2: Thanks!! And best of luck with your design!!:thumbsup:
Old 05-31-2008, 01:36 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ascariss, this is a top effort, i truly love your work you are very, very talented and i admire your patience as well. The car looks brilliant, has a great muscular stance and is pure BMW, making the head lights and tail lights closer to the previous design would have made it even better IMO but i still like it very much
Old 05-31-2008, 01:58 PM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

PRODIGY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

Very impressive. I've got alot of respect for nayone who can make art out of clay.

Only criticism is the roofline. It looks a bit too square compared to all the other 5 series that have gone before, but I do know how hard it is to sculpt.

Hope to see more clay work from you!

^^^CLICK the link^^^
Old 06-01-2008, 01:13 AM

emotive is on a distinguished road

hey man top work but pity about the time restrictions. its obvious that you could have done something crazy without the time restrictions or the proportion restrictions. its still excellent and good luck in the future!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member

Mr. Burns is on a distinguished road

I think it looks great, especially from the rear 3/4. The front end is alright, though how you've implemented the twin kidneys is not really my cup of tea. Overall I think it's fantastic work, how long did the whole thing take?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

i think it looks pretty good clun, the proportions and stance are excellent. i like the way you implemented that negative-spline feature on the side from the concept CS as well. the only things i don't really like are that the edge of the door seems way too close to the front wheel to me, and the front end isn't to my taste, although i like the idea you had with the grille. i shouldn't be criticising you since you're obviously more experienced than i am, but i thought i'd say what i felt anyway. i like it alot overall =)