Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Tomm14 is on a distinguished road
Cool New 2012 Peugeot 208 !!!

Hi,

About one day earlier than scheduled, first official pics of the replacement of the current 207 have "leaked"
They are visible on german site http://www.autozeitung.de ;)
Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM

chef211 is on a distinguished road

Screams Citroen C4 to me. I think it tried to be a zombie for halloween and tried to scare us.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

drugmirko is on a distinguished road

sad... and I fail to se C4 in it... even C3, which would fit better due to size/platform?
there are few interesting angles and detailes on 3drs version, but all in all, another generic blob from Peugeot's new design direction... .
I do hope that with time, this "new" direction eventually will develop in to something nice. right now it just fat and "protozoic".

but for the benefit of a doubt I'll add this... it all might be just my negative first impression and it might look quite ok in person! it definitely looks much better build than current one and even this fact alone will leave better impression when seen alive...

Last edited by drugmirko; 11-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef211 View Post
Screams Citroen C4 to me. I think it tried to be a zombie for halloween and tried to scare us.
I don't see the C4 resemblance at all personally. In fact i hate the new C4 while i really like the 208. Its definitely nicer than the new Yaris and the Clio, and i like how the interior is at least trying to be different. The only bit i am not totally sold on is the lower grill but its not bad enough for me to spoil the entire design

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Apparently the pre release was ont intentional - it has disappeared form their website

However, havong seen th epics before, it looks interesting - not beautiful - but IMO with little visual French DNA (let alone Peugeot DNA). I will not mmiss the gapping mouth, but this has zero link to any otehr Peugeot.
The interior, though classy, is a bit on the "try-hard-Honda-Civic" side...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Tomm14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Apparently the pre release was ont intentional - it has disappeared form their website

However, havong seen th epics before, it looks interesting - not beautiful - but IMO with little visual French DNA (let alone Peugeot DNA). I will not mmiss the gapping mouth, but this has zero link to any otehr Peugeot.
The interior, though classy, is a bit on the "try-hard-Honda-Civic" side...

But it's too late, many other websites already published the pictures and can be easily found on Google ;)
Old 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm14 View Post
But it's too late, many other websites already published the pictures and can be easily found on Google ;)
Sure.. But I guess tehy wanted to avoid legal action by Peugeot, as they are a proper car magazine and most liekely received the pics offcially instead of finding them on the web....
Old 11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/17...-208-aflossing

Pics in better quality...

Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
CSS Veteran

Tidal is on a distinguished road

The outside could have done with some editing. Losing the chrome window line strip on the 3 door, that little chrome line in the fog lights, the indentation on the headlights. It would look plainer, but i think it would still be interesting and would probably age better.

The interior is a huge surprise though, and i really like it, even if this is probably a top of the line version.

So, i guess i like it. It could be better, but it isn't in any way bad, doesn't look as bloated as the 207 ( it's 7 cm shorter, 100kg lighter ) and the engines should be interesting.

On a side note, can we please abstain from putting exclamation marks on thread titles? I thought that other thread had used them all up anyway, but i guess not.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidal View Post
The outside could have done with some editing. Losing the chrome window line strip on the 3 door, that little chrome line in the fog lights, the indentation on the headlights. It would look plainer, but i think it would still be interesting and would probably age better.
That's my issue with this car, as well. There just seem to be too many superfluous details that add nothing substantive to the design and seem instead intended merely to distract; the illusion of interesting design, quirkiness for quirkiness' sake. On the one hand I want to say to get rid of those things, but on the other hand I realize, as you said, that without them this would be even more boring. All that said, I'm not entirely sure of precisely which models can be considered competitors, so it's hard to say where this falls in the pack stylistically, for me. What I can say is that its likely chief competitor (at least in its domestic market), the Citroen C3, is not any better looking. So there's that, at least.