Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion View Post
Heres my rant:
Teenager's and people in general who rev their cars to death for no reason. Happens all the time in college and it really annoys me
Does that include the new incredibly pathetic Knight Rider show? Every time the Mustang pulls up, it's there revving erratically in the same fashion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Is their good reliability repellent to you?

Is their amazing value repellent to you?
Good reliability?!? Give me a friggin' break! I used to work for a Ford dealership that also had a Kia franchise. Every Kia that came into the dealership for servicing was a disaster - pages and pages of problems, difficulty of working on the things and the retards who owned them yelling and screaming at staff about how crap their cars were. After that experience, now you know why I have no time for Kia. And especially the knobs who own them!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
That Tacky gold or silver trim around wheel wells and door cuts.
oh i HATE that! i was behind a Taurus wagon the other day, and it had that silver trim that would go on the edge of the doors around the tail lights! it was bad.

i really dislike dealer created "Special Editions." including. but not limited to Presidential Editions, Lake Editions and even Palm Beach Editions, all equipped with wonderful rag-tops and gold trim, available on pretty much any sedan on the market.

i hate when people put badges on their car which don't belong, in hopes of making their car better. a few weeks back, i happened to come across a Toyota Avalon with SH-AWD haha...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
Like you though, mothers in big SUVs in the city that use their oversized SUV to take little johny to school and never take the thing off road annoy me. Plus they can't drive 9 times out of 10. Nor can they park.
And that's pretty much more my point. I can understand that in todays times more than one car can be nothing but financial suicide. It's just the fact these people buy such large, truck-based cars that they never use for their full pourpose and can NOT drive properly. They take up two parking spaces, swerve all over the road. I welcome the right to buy or drive whatever you want, but sometimes status overrides function. Meh whatever floats their boats or egos.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornbag View Post
I can understand that in todays times more than one car can be nothing but financial suicide.
Really? You really ought to tell couples in NA who both work outside the home that they are committing financial suicide by owning two cars. I guess one could take a cab to work every day. I'm getting rid of my wife's Element as we speak. Just say no to suicide.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinzVidz View Post
Good reliability?!? Give me a friggin' break! I used to work for a Ford dealership that also had a Kia franchise. Every Kia that came into the dealership for servicing was a disaster - pages and pages of problems, difficulty of working on the things and the retards who owned them yelling and screaming at staff about how crap their cars were. After that experience, now you know why I have no time for Kia. And especially the knobs who own them!
Would you have time for other brands (premium and mainstream) with so-so reliability records?

To be fair, Kia's reliability is on the rise, based on their current products.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I dont intend to throw logs on the fire, but Kia did score amongst the 10 least trusted brands by Australians - and it was the only car company in the 10 less trusted brands.

Quite shocking actually. It doesn't surprise me at all every time I hear someone complain about Kias or Hyundais (Though its a lot less for Hyundais).
Old 02-25-2008, 03:39 PM
CSS Oldtimer

No disagreements.

However, I would think scoring car of the year (cee'd and i30) in several countries is a good example of tracking up.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Administrator

People who plaster their cars with bumper stickers. I'm sorry, but aside from being a distraction to other drivers, no one wants to find out about your political views (whatever they may be) from the ass-end of your automobile.

I also find it ironic that most of the eco-weenie bumper stickers that I see happen to be on three decade-old diesels that are most certainly not helping the environment. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:44 PM

My pet peeve is 24 inch rims on a late 90's Ford Crown Victoria. The darn thing just looks odd with the body jacked up to Jesus. Also, there is this "trend" here in the Midsouth with guys painting their cars with the logos of businesses on them. ie: Wafflehouse, Raceway, Disani water, Pepsi. Why would someone want to paint their car up like some product or business?
Weird.

Dan
Old 02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident Evil Genius View Post
. Also, there is this "trend" here in the Midsouth with guys painting their cars with the logos of businesses on them. ie: Wafflehouse, Raceway, Disani water, Pepsi. Why would someone want to paint their car up like some product or business?
Weird.
Either the owner is an obsessive fan, or the car is a fleet car purchased by said company for marketing purposes. I know Red Bull uses Mini Coopers.