Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 AM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Audi Q5 Facellift

And the slight variation on monotony continues...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11507229...the-first-time
Old 07-22-2015, 07:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Does Audi still have a design department? Or is that done between main course and desert in the canteen?
Old 07-22-2015, 09:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road

All is clearly not well at Audi right now.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

I mean why bother doing camo at all? The new face is so close to the old face that it can't possibly need cooling testing. As for mechanical stuff, that can be tested under the current sheet metal. Half of the fun of these body wraps is to tantalize and tease car fans about what is to come.

I think many of us want to see under the Continental's burka and maybe some of us wish that all new Audis came with burkas.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I mean why bother doing camo at all? The new face is so close to the old face that it can't possibly need cooling testing. As for mechanical stuff, that can be tested under the current sheet metal. Half of the fun of these body wraps is to tantalize and tease car fans about what is to come.

I think many of us want to see under the Continental's burka and maybe some of us wish that all new Audis came with burkas.
Come on Swiz...that's not a fair statement.

If you look at the A4, the rest of the Audi line up, the recent updates to the VW line up...oh, wait. Never mind...
Old 07-22-2015, 06:54 PM

Poledancer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I mean why bother doing camo at all? The new face is so close to the old face that it can't possibly need cooling testing.
I feel like many critics here are stuck on auto-repeat. Yes, the A4 and TT look a LOT like the previous generations, but the Q7 for example looks very different to the previous generation, and much worse in my opinion. And the Q5 seems to be going down that road too, with the front especially being very different to the current model! So no, I'm not going to join the chorus of people *****ing about the same thing no matter what Audi car they're talking about; instead, I'll voice my concern that Audi may just go and ruin one of the most handsome designs in the class by forcing it to be too different from the previous gen...
Old 07-22-2015, 07:29 PM

piokor is on a distinguished road

Also, I think there's a problem with the fact that Audi previewed a new somewhat attractive design language with the Prologue concepts, but that design language won't premiere until the new A6 (possible earlier with the A8?).

Another problem might be that the new design language from the Prologue concepts isn't even that different than what they have going on now...

As to this new Q5, if it resembles the mess that is the Q7 is anyway, count me out.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:22 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by piokor View Post
Also, I think there's a problem with the fact that Audi previewed a new somewhat attractive design language with the Prologue concepts, but that design language won't premiere until the new A6 (possible earlier with the A8?).
EXACTLY.

If you're going to preview a new design direction and you've made it clear that the concept is, in fact, showcasing that new direction, don't debut it and then have it followed my numerous other vehicles that still employ the old one.

Audi should have had the first debut after the Prologue's be the A6 (or the A8), or they should have waited on debuting the Prologue concepts until the A6 (or A8) was closer to launch.

I think there's a huge difference between playing around with design ideas, which most concepts do, then having those eventually incorporated into future products and flat out saying that the concept is showcasing new design language for productions.

Last edited by pjl35; 07-22-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Banned

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
All is clearly not well at Audi right now.
The above says it best. They need to hire de Nysschen back. ;)
Old 07-22-2015, 09:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
And the slight variation on monotony continues...
You absolutely nailed it.