There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2019, 05:08 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
That is similarly illogical. To say that because one of a company's products is not tip top that none can be is asinine. By his logic, because the i3 is a total turd, the M5 must also be a total turd. Moreover, the Sportage is at the end of its product cycle.
It works the opposite way too. To say that because one of a company's products is tip top that all should be is asinine.

No one is saying anything definitive yet. There's clearly precedent for this from Kia for it to go either way though.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
It works the opposite way too. To say that because one of a company's products is tip top that all should be is asinine...
I didn't say that.

BUT Kia is definitely on a roll with the Stinger being quite credible in its segment by all accounts and the Telluride potentially being best in class in its segment. They successfully replaced the perennially popular Soul. Thus, to say that because the Sportage's last redesign which was new from the ground up in 2010 and as such in not class leading is a moronic hill to die on, But if you insist, be my guest.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Not to mention the new Forte is a standout in a quickly shrinking segment. Just had one for a rental and was blown away.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:30 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I didn't say that.

BUT Kia is definitely on a roll with the Stinger being quite credible in its segment by all accounts and the Telluride potentially being best in class in its segment. They successfully replaced the perennially popular Soul. Thus, to say that because the Sportage's last redesign which was new from the ground up in 2010 and as such in not class leading is a moronic hill to die on, But if you insist, be my guest.
I didn't get in this thread to take a stake on the Kia reputation/predictions.
I pointed out that your reply to ndjan was stilted and unneeded. It's completely logical to bring up a counterpoint to the Telluride.

But instead you got predictably combative.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:48 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
I didn't get in this thread to take a stake on the Kia reputation/predictions.
I pointed out that your reply to ndjan was stilted and unneeded. It's completely logical to bring up a counterpoint to the Telluride.

But instead you got predictably combative.
Oh Felicia, Felicia, Felicia.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 AM

ndjan is on a distinguished road

Kia released a well-designed SUV recently. They also released a turd of an SUV recently.
Point is Kia's recent designs show potential to be anywhere in that spectrum. Could it be another Telluride? Just as likely as it can be another Sportage. Any other interpretation is fundamentally illogical. Full stop.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:58 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndjan View Post
..Just as likely as it can be another Sportage. Any other interpretation is fundamentally illogical. Full stop.
Not so fast.

The last full redesign of the Sportage was 2010 with a minor change to the front structure in 2015 to improve offset crash results. To say that the new Sorento is likely to be just like a 10-year-old design rather than the new Telluride which is widely praised and flying off the lots is a grossly unfair characterization of Kia.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:06 AM

ndjan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not so fast.

The last full redesign of the Sportage was 2010 with a minor change to the front structure in 2015 to improve offset crash results. To say that the new Sorento is likely to be just like a 10-year-old design rather than the new Telluride which is widely praised and flying off the lots is a grossly unfair characterization of Kia.
The QL Sportage was introduced in 2015 (2017 in NA). It is considered a full redesign. Not a single body panel or interior bit is carried over: It has an all new look that is horrendous, and while I'm mostly discussing that aspect, the platform was also updated. Every automotive news outlet called it a full redesign, as did Kia's press release. Autotrader defines the differences between facelifts, redesigns, refreshes, etc. They called the 2017 SPortage a redesign.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but the 2017 N/A Sportage is absolutely a redesigned car. This argument is starting to get silly.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopp...refresh-244744

https://www.autotrader.com/car-revie...-review-256348
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

I actually really like the current Sportage. I thought it was a home run for them.

I'd assumed the turd SUV that everyone was talking about for a bit was the Niro; which is totally fair. The sportage though? A great looking product, probably second only to the CX5.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I actually really like the current Sportage. I thought it was a home run for them.

I'd assumed the turd SUV that everyone was talking about for a bit was the Niro; which is totally fair. The sportage though? A great looking product, probably second only to the CX5.
Indeed, the Sportage and the Optima of the same vintage were products that signaled Kia had set its eyes on having a design direction. Both are still credible products, but both have lost that design momentum they once had.