Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Acura TLX/Legend

Hot on the heels of the Type S Concept, here's comes the new sedan. Here's to hoping they actually bring the "Legend" name back.

I'm cautiously optimistic thus far based on these pics:

https://www.motor1.com/news/365163/2...tlx-spy-shots/

Last edited by pjl35; 08-14-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Well so much for the concept leading to anything compelling.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Bringing back "Legend" would be excellent.

The shape and stance are quite good (certainly better than, say, an Audi), although not quite as RWD-like as a Volvo. The front overhang is still substantial.

My concern are the weirdly offset front/rear door handles and the clumsy C pillar from the leaked TLX graphic. The concept didn't have door handles, and it's body surfacing is presumably more sophisticated and elegant than the production model will be.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:25 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

This has the proportions of the concept.

I don't know how you could immediately rule it out like that, but no surprises from some people...

That said, I think Acura has the wind taken out of its sails with the leaked MDX and probably-TLX last month... My hope is that was a pretty rudimentary rendering without the trim, lighting details, and wheels that will fill out the rest of the car. I'm betting the duckbill spoiler and aggressive vents will be left to the Type S variant (and maybe that open diamond grille detail will carry over as well).
Old 08-15-2019, 12:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
That said, I think Acura has the wind taken out of its sails with the leaked MDX and probably-TLX last month... My hope is that was a pretty rudimentary rendering without the trim, lighting details, and wheels that will fill out the rest of the car.
My money is on this. We've seen similar leaks from Volvo before in their safety videos (people thought it leaked the new S60 before it was revealed, but it ended up being very different) and I think something happened recently with Hyundai and the Genesis GV80 as well. Perhaps the MDX interior is fairly spot on, but I think the exterior renderings aren't necessarily true to life.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

SV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
My money is on this. We've seen similar leaks from Volvo before in their safety videos (people thought it leaked the new S60 before it was revealed, but it ended up being very different) and I think something happened recently with Hyundai and the Genesis GV80 as well. Perhaps the MDX interior is fairly spot on, but I think the exterior renderings aren't necessarily true to life.
Hopefully so, the TLX rendering certainly didnít look as good as the concept. The roofline I remember was much clunkier looking. Hard to tell if thatís the case on this prototype though, too much camo.