CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-08-2017, 02:27 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
mindfully
Does VW do anything mindfully when it comes to the U.S market?

One first-drive review says it drives pretty well.... B/c that's what buyers care about in a full-sized SUV (eye roll). Argh.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-08-2017, 02:42 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Does VW do anything mindfully when it comes to the U.S market?

One first-drive review says it drives pretty well.... B/c that's what buyers care about in a full-sized SUV (eye roll). Argh.
VW doesn't.

Buyers of crossovers largely want the handling and ride to be unobtrusive, so the Atlas is apparently OK there.

Buyers also want blissfully trouble-free rides and VW has some learning to do on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:18 AM
CosworthKid's Avatar
CosworthKid CosworthKid is offline
CSS Ford Psychopath
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,858
Default

If VW was going for the 'Chinese knock-off' look they got it bang on
__________________

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:34 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
If VW was going for the 'Chinese knock-off' look they got it bang on
Yes, this.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-27-2017, 06:36 PM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,277
Default

Dear Lord.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/box-cu...wagen-u-s-ceo/

Although, from a sales perspective, it does make sense. I do see some Atlases (Altasi?) and new Tiguans around town, so a "coupe" SUV will pad the bottom line w/o too much R&D $ being spent.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,402
Default

Whats wrong with cars. Why are cars so bad .
__________________
I think I fell in love with a porn star
And got married in the bathroom
Honeymoon on the dance floor
And got divorced by the end of the night
Thats one Hell of a life. (K. West)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Nicktyelor's Avatar
Nicktyelor Nicktyelor is offline
The Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,256
Default

Man, the Atlas is such a lame and disappointing looking product. Such a dated and flawed exterior design. Late to the big SUV craze. Nothing compelling to buy over the competition. And now they think a "coupe" version is a good idea... ugh...
__________________
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-27-2017, 10:30 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
Man, the Atlas is such a lame and disappointing looking product. Such a dated and flawed exterior design. Late to the big SUV craze. Nothing compelling to buy over the competition. And now they think a "coupe" version is a good idea... ugh...
VW desperately needs a totally new and modern design language that is as much of an abrupt break with tradition as the Passat/Rabbit/Scirocco were over the Type 3/Beetle/Karmann Ghia.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-28-2017, 11:06 AM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,018
Default

looks aside, since we haven't actually seen it yet, it makes total sense to sell a 5 passenger Atlas in the US instead of the Touareg. The CC (and its replacement) is the nicest VW on the market now. Hopefully the transition to "coupe" suv will also go well for the Atlas.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-28-2017, 02:09 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 25,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
looks aside, since we haven't actually seen it yet, it makes total sense to sell a 5 passenger Atlas in the US instead of the Touareg. The CC (and its replacement) is the nicest VW on the market now. Hopefully the transition to "coupe" suv will also go well for the Atlas.
The Arteon is no big styling colossus. Stylistically it fits in among the coupesedan-ish mid-sized sedan market with the CamCord and the FusNatas of the world. The only problem is that its base price will be about $20K higher. VW needs to exert MUCH harder.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy