Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Administrator

I hope this comes here, as it's (marginally) the best looking of the two.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Pics of the Scion were supposed to be released tonight. I guess that didn't happen.
here we go. need a new thread?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Really, they could only come up with a ONE wheel design for all those 3 cars?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

And boy the Scion has an evevn crappier looking stereo. Looks like from the 90ies (as does the unit in The Toybaru), but like a cheap oine back then...
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Has pricing on the Scion been confirmed? Will the Subaru version be equipped with AWD?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
Has pricing on the Scion been confirmed? Will the Subaru version be equipped with AWD?
Most rumours state that the Scion will start around 20K. And so far the Subaru is RWD only....
Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
And boy the Scion has an evevn crappier looking stereo. Looks like from the 90ies (as does the unit in The Toybaru), but like a cheap oine back then...
Yeah, what are they thinking? It's funny, because Scion has from Day 1 been positioned as a "youth" brand, and Toyota has always touted their partnership with Pioneer for the audio options in Scion cars. But this is AWFUL. It's a slab of gray plastic with a tiny screen, minuscule black buttons and counter-intuitive controls. Couple that with the decontenting pointed out by anonms (manual climate controls, no push start, no heated seats, non-LED headlamps, smaller tail pipes) and it definitely strikes me as the least appealing of the trio. Has NA been promised this car in Subaru form, as well? Because I'd much sooner look into a slightly more expensive Subaru model with all the goodies on it.

I agree that they did a terrific job "concealing" the automatic transmission, though.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is beyond lazy. All 3 look exactly the same. So how are they going to sell it if there is no way differentiating them?

Any normal consumer would just get the one that is cheaper.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:19 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Yeah, what are they thinking? It's funny, because Scion has from Day 1 been positioned as a "youth" brand, and Toyota has always touted their partnership with Pioneer for the audio options in Scion cars. But this is AWFUL. It's a slab of gray plastic with a tiny screen, minuscule black buttons and counter-intuitive controls. Couple that with the decontenting pointed out by anonms (manual climate controls, no push start, no heated seats, non-LED headlamps, smaller tail pipes) and it definitely strikes me as the least appealing of the trio. Has NA been promised this car in Subaru form, as well? Because I'd much sooner look into a slightly more expensive Subaru model with all the goodies on it.
What's funny about that headunit is the USDM Yaris has the same functional headunit but with a less messed-up look. I really want to know what they were thinking.

That said, though, the completely unsurprising (for me) decontenting of the Scion version might be part of how they're going to position the FR-S and the BRZ in the US market. It might be less appealing for you, but if I were choosing between the BRZ and the FR-S, I'd go with the Scion on price alone, and I'm sure there's plenty of people in my situation that would go for the more budget-friendly option (although most of the people in my age/gender demographic buying this thing would probably start tacking on tacky-looking mods and other stuff, which would also contribute to a lower-cost version being more preferable).