CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

I hope this comes here, as it's (marginally) the best looking of the two.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,358
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Pics of the Scion were supposed to be released tonight. I guess that didn't happen.
here we go. need a new thread?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM
afterace's Avatar
afterace afterace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Poznań, Poland
Posts: 514
Default

Really, they could only come up with a ONE wheel design for all those 3 cars?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,827
Default

And boy the Scion has an evevn crappier looking stereo. Looks like from the 90ies (as does the unit in The Toybaru), but like a cheap oine back then...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Superamerica Superamerica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 961
Default

Has pricing on the Scion been confirmed? Will the Subaru version be equipped with AWD?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
Has pricing on the Scion been confirmed? Will the Subaru version be equipped with AWD?
Most rumours state that the Scion will start around 20K. And so far the Subaru is RWD only....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
And boy the Scion has an evevn crappier looking stereo. Looks like from the 90ies (as does the unit in The Toybaru), but like a cheap oine back then...
Yeah, what are they thinking? It's funny, because Scion has from Day 1 been positioned as a "youth" brand, and Toyota has always touted their partnership with Pioneer for the audio options in Scion cars. But this is AWFUL. It's a slab of gray plastic with a tiny screen, minuscule black buttons and counter-intuitive controls. Couple that with the decontenting pointed out by anonms (manual climate controls, no push start, no heated seats, non-LED headlamps, smaller tail pipes) and it definitely strikes me as the least appealing of the trio. Has NA been promised this car in Subaru form, as well? Because I'd much sooner look into a slightly more expensive Subaru model with all the goodies on it.

I agree that they did a terrific job "concealing" the automatic transmission, though.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
erzhik erzhik is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 2,544
Default

This is beyond lazy. All 3 look exactly the same. So how are they going to sell it if there is no way differentiating them?

Any normal consumer would just get the one that is cheaper.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:19 PM
haji's Avatar
haji haji is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,358
Default


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
anonms anonms is offline
Nondescript Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 3,904
Send a message via MSN to anonms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
Yeah, what are they thinking? It's funny, because Scion has from Day 1 been positioned as a "youth" brand, and Toyota has always touted their partnership with Pioneer for the audio options in Scion cars. But this is AWFUL. It's a slab of gray plastic with a tiny screen, minuscule black buttons and counter-intuitive controls. Couple that with the decontenting pointed out by anonms (manual climate controls, no push start, no heated seats, non-LED headlamps, smaller tail pipes) and it definitely strikes me as the least appealing of the trio. Has NA been promised this car in Subaru form, as well? Because I'd much sooner look into a slightly more expensive Subaru model with all the goodies on it.
What's funny about that headunit is the USDM Yaris has the same functional headunit but with a less messed-up look. I really want to know what they were thinking.

That said, though, the completely unsurprising (for me) decontenting of the Scion version might be part of how they're going to position the FR-S and the BRZ in the US market. It might be less appealing for you, but if I were choosing between the BRZ and the FR-S, I'd go with the Scion on price alone, and I'm sure there's plenty of people in my situation that would go for the more budget-friendly option (although most of the people in my age/gender demographic buying this thing would probably start tacking on tacky-looking mods and other stuff, which would also contribute to a lower-cost version being more preferable).
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy