Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

I can sense that this will replace the Yaris/Vios/Belta sedan. I noticed that the interiors of both the Axio and all new Yaris hatch was made of same basic pattern although with some subtle differences (as was with previous Yaris hatch and current sedan). Noticed the instrument panel to be identical as are the side mirrors and HVAC controls (on manual climate control models).

Old 05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Unfortunately, this car looks so boring.........to the point that I would suggest to old people there to take public transportation instead of driving this lame-ass vehicle.

In the case of Japan, public transportation is abundant (trains are numerous and buses and taxis are everywhere) so the old people are definitely not missing out. They can save their retirement money instead of buying this lowly vehicle.
so you think Japanese old people have same taste as you in car design? If that was so, Camry and Corolla wouldnt be worldwide bestsellers :-)
Old 05-12-2012, 02:55 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
I can sense that this will replace the Yaris/Vios/Belta sedan. I noticed that the interiors of both the Axio and all new Yaris hatch was made of same basic pattern although with some subtle differences (as was with previous Yaris hatch and current sedan). Noticed the instrument panel to be identical as are the side mirrors and HVAC controls (on manual climate control models).
yeah, no.....
Old 05-12-2012, 05:42 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx View Post
yeah, no.....

I have to agree; this car is virturally identical to the old Belta in pretty much every regard. Coupled with the notably cheaper interior, I have to wonder if this will be the new Vios and possibly Yaris Sedan for other markets.

A shame, the Belta/Vios/Yaris Sedan is a very good looking B-segment sedan. (I'm not just saying that because I own one. ;) )
Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I have to agree; this car is virturally identical to the old Belta in pretty much every regard. Coupled with the notably cheaper interior, I have to wonder if this will be the new Vios and possibly Yaris Sedan for other markets.

A shame, the Belta/Vios/Yaris Sedan is a very good looking B-segment sedan. (I'm not just saying that because I own one. ;) )
I looked at the spec sheet, and at 4360mm long (171 inches), it's definitely more B-segment than C-segment. There's no way Toyota would shrink the Corolla that much, at least in the world market. Along with the fact that the interior clearly shares its structure with the Yaris, and I agree that this is probably a Belta replacement; our Corolla will be something else.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
I looked at the spec sheet, and at 4360mm long (171 inches), it's definitely more B-segment than C-segment. There's no way Toyota would shrink the Corolla that much, at least in the world market. Along with the fact that the interior clearly shares its structure with the Yaris, and I agree that this is probably a Belta replacement; our Corolla will be something else.
you guys are just talking nonsense... they just optimized the same platform of Corolla, it has same wheelbase and everything as Corolla, nothing to do with Yaris.

They shortened the overhangs to make it smaller yet optimized the interior room in both cars to be bigger than before, which they boast, both knee room and Fielder trunk length has been significantly increased from previous Corolla, yet they shortened overhangs and made turning radious smaller by 10% so people will be able to drive it easier in urban enviroments.

Difference between Corolla and Vios is not just how nicely the plastic sounds when you tap it. They can not make Vios out of Corolla, it would be too expensive.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member

Default right and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
and it is just timely to introduce a new Yaris/Belta/Vios sedan. The current sedan is marching towards the end of its cycle.

at 4300 x 1700 x 1460mm dimension of the current sedan, the Axio at 4360 x 1695 x 1460mm seems like just what a normal successor would be, in size.

not to mention, two main engines the 1NZ-FE and 2NZ-FE, are familiar engines offered for the Vios since day one. :-)

Last edited by basti08; 05-13-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx View Post
you guys are just talking nonsense... they just optimized the same platform of Corolla, it has same wheelbase and everything as Corolla, nothing to do with Yaris.

They shortened the overhangs to make it smaller yet optimized the interior room in both cars to be bigger than before, which they boast, both knee room and Fielder trunk length has been significantly increased from previous Corolla, yet they shortened overhangs and made turning radious smaller by 10% so people will be able to drive it easier in urban enviroments.

Difference between Corolla and Vios is not just how nicely the plastic sounds when you tap it. They can not make Vios out of Corolla, it would be too expensive.
Unless you've taken the new Axio apart, how do you know this?

Belta and Corolla are basically on the same plane. It's nothing to make interior plastics cheaper for another market.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
The HVAC controls aren't much of an indication of anything; the current Corolla has the same manual HVAC controls as the Yaris.

What's more indicative would be the round vents: it's of the single-piece kind used in their B-segment cars instead of the two-panel kind used in their C-segment cars.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Veteran Member

Talking Axio

Come to think of it. Both the Corolla and Yaris sedan are both fuel efficient sedans. Both riding on McPherson Struts upfront and Torsion Beam at the back. They're like size 1, size 2 vehicles, actually.

So, what do you think would happen if?

A. The 11th gen Corolla is introduced, but they didn't pull the plug on the widely successful E140/E150 body Corolla (on non Axio version)
B. The 11th gen went a size down.
C. There isn't any news about the Yaris/Belta/Vios sedan replacement which is due for replacement
D. The interior of the 11th gen exudes same aura as the recently introduced Yaris hatch which (coincidentally), is a stablemate of the Yaris/Belta/Vios sedan

and..

E. We speculate too much hahahaha