Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Default 2015 Mazda Demio/ Mazda 2

http://jalopnik.com/2015-mazda2-this-is-it-1605953651

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407177...fficial-videos

Last edited by Ascariss; 07-17-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:18 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Alright, I'll hand it to Mazda. This interior looks MUCH better than what we saw pre-production. I'm also glad to see that there IS a second vent in the center but it's hidden.

vs.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I wish they had done a more space efficient design... That is a lot of real estate between the front wheel and a pillar
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I wish they had done a more space efficient design... That is a lot of real estate between the front wheel and a pillar
Yes, but you need that prestigious long-hood look.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I agree with 2o6 that the proportions are odd. I worry a bit about the interior space - the current 2 is surprisingly spacious for its size but I can't see a cab-backward subcompact working out very well in that respect. Still, it looks great overall, and I love the interior.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Same defect than the 3 and the 6. Also, same defect you find in the latest Volvos. It is sheer stupidity to select this type of architecture if you ask me, as it reduces space inside without any clear tradeoff or benefit whatsoever.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Alright, I'll hand it to Mazda. This interior looks MUCH better than what we saw pre-production. I'm also glad to see that there IS a second vent in the center but it's hidden.

vs.

I wish they would have made the second vent also "hidden", I just don't like these asymmetrical designs.

Otherwise interieur looks really nice and so does the outside.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Yes, the proportions look really off, and the current trend of giving FWD cars RWD proportions is odd, and actually stupid, as the reduced passenger cabin actually throws away the benefits of FWD for packaging (the A-Class Mercedes - it's hideous long front overhang aside - is also a great example of packaging gone wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Same defect than the 3 and the 6. Also, same defect you find in the latest Volvos. It is sheer stupidity to select this type of architecture if you ask me, as it reduces space inside without any clear tradeoff or benefit whatsoever.
Yes, whilst with the 6 it's kind of okay, because it's a large car and is spacious enough, there is no denying that the 3 is not overly generous inside considering it#s outside dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
I wish they would have made the second vent also "hidden", I just don't like these asymmetrical designs.
Yes, with a second hidden vent, it would be a masterpiece in simplicity, or with a second round vent, it would be what I want in a next MX5. But this asymmetrical thing doesn't work for me either
Old 07-17-2014, 12:15 PM
CSS Oldtimer

If they went for a shorter hood the 2 would just be another bubble car like almost all the other subcompacts. Mazda is intentionally putting style ahead of practicality here. Since plenty of people buy cars primarily on looks it seems like a reasonable gamble.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is getting nitpicky, but asymmetrical rear wipers drive me crazy on newer vehicles, particularly when they're mounted below the glass:

I realize it's a tiny detail, but it just annoys me. Would it have been that hard to center the wiper and integrate it with the rear glass, just like the 3?