FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Default 2006 Audi TT

old thread:
http://carspyshots.proboards2....14801

Some new power-train info on the New TT from today's Autocar:

TWO TURBOS AND DIESEL FOR NEXT TT

The next-generation Audi TT will get its first diesel engine and a range-topping 280bhp twin-turbo petrol model as the German company looks to build on the phenomenal success of the current car.

Audi wants to double the number of TTs it builds to 60,000 per year with the arrival of the Coups replacement in the last quarter of 2006. The diesel version is pencilled in for late 2007 or early 2008. A new Roadster will follow around 12 months behind the Coup.

The 280bhp twin-turbo version is an development of the blown 200bhp 2.0-litre engine that will appear in the new VW Golf GTi, and will be added to the range in 2007, alongside a base-level 150bhp 2.0-litre. The diesel comes from the Golfs 138bhp 2.0-litre TDi unit, pushed out to around 160bhp. The two launch models should be a 200bhp turbo 2.0-litre and a 3.2-litre V6, boosted by 5bhp from the current 250bhp.

The car, codenamed AU353, could be unveiled at next Septembers Frankfurt Motor Show. Audi is shying away from any radical changes to the now-iconic styling, but will apply the new shield company grille. The TT is expected to be based on an aluminium spaceframe chassis with Golf running gear.

by: Christian Schulte
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2...=8804
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2...=8803
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2...=8802

Quote, originally posted by AU297 »

"Okeh here's the deal on the third bodystyle planned for the next TT...

... While the 5-door version of the previous generation A3 was something of a stumble for Audi (appealed to retirees and older fixed-income folks while the 3-door had, not surprisingly, Audi's youngest buyers) the A3 Sportback is attracting even younger customers than the 3-door.

As a result, the PP guys and Herr Doktor Winterkorn have come up with the idea adding a more functional but still sporty variant of every Audi volume entry. This means that over the next five years or so, the company will introduce an Sportback version of the A8, A6, A4/A5 and TT. And in the case of the A6 and A4 this will be in addition to the Avant version of each. Compared to their Avant counterparts, the A6 and A4 Sportbacks will feature lower rooflines and a faster backlight/tailgate angle.

In the case of the TT, the sportback will feature a longer, flatter roof that will terminate as a low backlight wagon. Actual design has only just commenced on the TT Sportback and a clay model is underway but far from finished so all I've seen where sketches. Based on the next gen vehicle it is still a two-door thank god and looks pretty interesting. In concept it reminded me of a photochop of a TT Avant I seem to recall seeing online somewhere about three years ago or so.

Saw the Sportback version of the A8 and it is superganzcool."

Modified by Ascariss at 8:28 PM 12/20/2004

Old 12-20-2004, 09:15 PM

good info, should be a successful little car as it is now. the twin turbos sound good, should turn out to be a quick little devil
Old 12-20-2004, 09:28 PM

Yeah. Would be great is they planned S and RS versions....

Imagine that... an RSTT vert. Wow.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:45 PM

hhhmmmm new grill :)
Old 01-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default Re: (Orestes)

Just brought to my attention by Hans (thanks ).

http://www.trimet.de/en/news/archiv.php?id=39

Quote »

23/11/2004
NOMINATION LETTER AUDI TTNF
The Trimet Aluminium AG - NL Harzgerode got authorized by "Nomination Letter" from the AUDI AG Ingolstadt to deliver structure parts (space frame) for the new generation AUDI TT. This project is one more step in the technology of weldable die casting parts for the TRIMET AUTOMOTIVE at location Harzgerode.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: (Ascariss)

Went to my local Audi dealer last week to take a look at the A6 (its gorgeous in the flesh, by the way). I asked him if he has any info about the next generation TT that he was allowed to tell me. All he said was that the release has been pushed back later than originally expected, and in the US it'll have the 2.0t and 3.2 engines.

Modified by hwrd_roark at 7:03 AM 1/3/2005
Old 01-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: (hwrd_roark)

A fairly decent and naturally progressive restyle. Not quite sold on the gaping nose but that is trivial.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 2006 Audi TT (Ascariss)

Who knew? Reading the description you would think this car is a performance icon.....I live in a very wealthy and trendy area and the TT has never come across to me or any of my gearhead buddies any type of performance car. I have always thought of it as a quirky little thing that is just a fancy beetle. Its one of those cars that my mom likes. There are WAY too many options out there for buyers then a customized Bug. Performance buyers buy the 'real' GTI, single HS English teachers buy TT's. The new grille makes it look like Snoopy from a distance though, I'm sure my mom will like it.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: 2006 Audi TT (kevinb120)

i would imagine this popular among the soap aficionados ( didnt spell it right nor did i have the desire to )

Truth.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: 2006 Audi TT (Naga Royal Guard)

source: auditforum