Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2015, 10:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Subtle changes but looking better so far. I like.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Tacky lower bumper, was more premium and upscale looking as it is currently on the fusion/mondeo. Hopefully the mondeo will not have this update.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:18 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It looks virtually identical to the current one, perhaps a bit more provocative in the face. My next Fusion will be November of 17.
In person it looks great--and not significantly different from the current car. A little sleeker, more tucked-in looking.

The big changes are on the inside.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
In person it looks great--and not significantly different from the current car. A little sleeker, more tucked-in looking.

And the inside didn't need changes LOL
Old 08-14-2015, 04:23 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I agree. I think the 'masses' wanted more buttons; so we'll probably see that. The over-all style of the existing model is holding up well though. The only change I'd be interested in seeing them make is new gauge clusters, the current ones are basically unchanged since the 2010 Fusion - and it's getting long in the tooth.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:24 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Aggregate customer feedback says otherwise. Consumers generally hate the side-by-side cupholders, and the flying buttress-style space at the bottom of the center stack. The center screen also gets dinged for being prone to washing out in sunlight.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
It looks virtually identical to the current one, perhaps a bit more provocative in the face. My next Fusion will be November of 17.
I'd be surprised if Ford doesn't follow the Euro Mondeo nose. But then again the delay in introducing this vehicle to Europe may be enough to say the Mondeo isn't different enough.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Aggregate customer feedback says otherwise. Consumers generally hate the side-by-side cupholders, and the flying buttress-style space at the bottom of the center stack. The center screen also gets dinged for being prone to washing out in sunlight.
I prefer that to the one-ahead-one-behind cup holders in the 2015 Mustang. Maybe they should disaggregate the data to see who is complaining about the washed out screen. LOL
Old 08-15-2015, 05:17 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I'll need to see better pictures before I can decide if I like the changes or not. I think it'll still be one of the best-looking midsize/large family cars, though.

Quote:
That's what I'm interested to see. Currently, the interior is mostly high-quality but there are a few cheap touches (the hard plastic door pulls don't feel pleasant) and of course the center console is overly large. By European standards, I think it looks a bit downscale compared to the 508 and Passat, though it's still competitive with US rivals.

Last edited by SV; 08-15-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
...That's what I'm interested to see. Currently, the interior is mostly high-quality but there are a few cheap touches (the hard plastic door pulls don't feel pleasant) and of course the center console is overly large. By European standards, I think it looks a bit downscale compared to the 508 and Passat, though it's still competitive with US rivals.
The irony is that--in my opinion--the MKZ's center stack looks cheaper than the Fusion's with the automatic transmission buttons done in what looks like brittle, hard plastic.

We have to remember that the Fusion can be had nicely equipped for $25K whereas a Euro Passat would probably be at least $5K more expensive most likely.

The other difference across the pond is that cars this size are near-premium/premium whereas here they are normal, everyday cars.

I find the current Fusion interior a home run for style, quality, and utility. If they are going to upgrade it with a better design and materials, I will be paying attention.

I'm on my second, cheap-Fusion lease and could not be happier. Looking forward to the 2017.