CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,281
Default 2018 Audi A6

Apologies if there's an existing thread (did a search and no luck).

Groundbreaking design for the next gen. I'm in shock (sarcasm intended):



http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/13/2...#slide-4439307
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 02-13-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:33 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,871
Default

the overall shape/proportions seems more of a step forward than the details. I'm always shocked how fresh and crisp recent Audi designs are in the flesh. this should be no exception.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:52 PM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
I'm always shocked how fresh and crisp recent Audi designs are in the flesh.
IMHO, the newer cars are as anodyne in real life as they are in pics.

It's tasteful and boring. I liked how (relative) intimate the cockpit felt from the driver's seat, so hopefully they'll keep that feeling.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Superamerica Superamerica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
the overall shape/proportions seems more of a step forward than the details. I'm always shocked how fresh and crisp recent Audi designs are in the flesh. this should be no exception.
Judging by your avatar, I smell bias in the air. ;)

Let's face it, though, Audi (and BMW for that matter) has been coming up with the same old designs with every generation. This one looks just like the previous one, which in turn looked just like the version before it.

Audi needs to up its game design-wise, or else it will get murdered my MB, Lexus, and the Koreans, all of which have been coming up with very competitive offerings in every way.
__________________
2014 Dodge Avenger
2009 Lincoln MkS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-14-2017, 08:34 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
IMHO, the newer cars are as anodyne in real life as they are in pics.
That sums it up well. It's been a while that any new Audi (or for that:: BMW, actually very few brands) really made me notice it in traffic. They just pass by and probably at third looking you do notice the (usually slightly less tasteful) differences in detailing ion lights or grille or just general chrome bling.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
at third looking you do notice the (usually slightly less tasteful) differences in detailing ion lights or grille or just general chrome bling.
The first few times I saw the current A4, I only knew it was the redesigned version b/c of the lack of a license plate; they looked THAT similar.

I do think that the current A4 looks better than its predecessor (which always seemed weirdly droopy to me). The current design seems a bit more puffy and bloated, though.

While I like the current A6, there is an odd tension somewhere in the back half of the car that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps this new model will correct that. The wheelwells, BTW, are GIGANTIC.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2017, 11:14 AM
ocn75 ocn75 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,050
Default

The new face isn't going to be pretty IMO. Looks like a backward step so far.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2017, 07:44 PM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superamerica View Post
Judging by your avatar, I smell bias in the air. ;)

Let's face it, though, Audi (and BMW for that matter) has been coming up with the same old designs with every generation. This one looks just like the previous one, which in turn looked just like the version before it.

Audi needs to up its game design-wise, or else it will get murdered my MB, Lexus, and the Koreans, all of which have been coming up with very competitive offerings in every way.
ha forgot about that. given it was a full generation ago, I guess I've had that avatar for awhile. I'm usually not an Audi guy except for specific models so maybe it's time to change the avatar. deleted for now!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:17 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,281
Default

Face shown, bottom left:



http://www.motor1.com/news/139350/audi-a8-a7-a6-sketch/
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:54 PM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,899
Default

So it will look like every Audi in the last 10 years (apart from the Q8 and A8, where the grille is consuming the entire front end). I'm actually not bothered, but I have to think of those ridiculous "the new A6 will have a whole new design direction..." bla bla form some designers at some motor show.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy